HealthPlus Limited, Nigeria’s first integrative pharmacy, is the fastest-growing pharmacy chain in West Africa. We are committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health and vitality, while delivering superior value to stakeholders. Our vision is to be Africa’s #1 for pharmacy, wellness and beauty. Recently, we secured significant foreign investment from our partners to scale up our network of retail outlets and our online business. This strategy will give us unparalleled reach across the country and beyond.
Head, Business Development
Reference #: HP/BD/HBD
Contract Type: Permanent
Report to: The Chief Commercial Officer
Industries: Health / Fitness / Beauty, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical / Medical / Healthcare / Hygiene, Retail
- Business Development, Media, Product Management, Research and Development
Key Elements of the Role
- Define the strategic direction for the Business Development function which aligns with the overall strategic goals of the HealthPlus Group.
New Business Development:
- Identify new trends, new products, services, new channels of distribution for HealthPlus division working in collaboration with all stakeholders
- Apply in-depth knowledge of analytics, information management and business intelligence to evaluate new business development opportunities in order to determine commercial viability
Business Development Planning:
- Ensure an accurate and complete inventory database
- Attend industry functions, events, exhibitions and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Support the implementation of exciting marketing strategies and promotions for the HealthPlus Group
- Work with the marketing and communication department to develop and implement digital marketing initiatives: website, mobile and social media marketing
- Develop strategies for knowing customers’ needs and expectations
- Develop and implement planograms and merchandising across the retail outlet to optimize customer experience and shelve uptake
- Identify, initiate and develop networks and partnership opportunities for business growth Internal Business Processes
- Complete compliance to SOPs
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s ERP or other sales management system
- Prepare, administer and monitor the budget for the department and ensure appropriate cost saving
Dessired Skills & Experience:
- A good degree, an MBA is an added advantage.
- At least 10 years relevant experience in the Retail, Banking, FMCG or Pharmaceutical Industry
- Membership of a recognized professional body is an added advantage
- Excellent financial acumen
- Strong forecasting and planning skills; able to correctly assess the needs of the business
- Must have demonstrated ability to take initiative and manage multiple competing priorities while consistently meeting deadlines
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to build and manage relationships with organizational stakeholders; seeking expert advice on a variety of situations or circumstances
- General knowledge of the uses and applications of MS Office suite; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook etc.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.