Manager, MFS and AML Compliance at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 19 October, 2018
Deadline: 29 October, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Manager, MFS and AML Compliance
- Manage, monitor and provide oversight on compliance obligations in Mobile Financial Services Operations.
- To establish a control environment to mitigate the risk of MTNN’s Mobile Financial Services being abused for the purposes of money laundering or terrorist financing
- Support Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Finance Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Serve internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Establish strategic partnerships with MTN Nigeria leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviors and impact of non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, and report irregularities.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Keep abreast of global and regional best practices relating to Mobile Financial Services and AML/CTF as well as fraud in the Mobile Financial Services Operations.
- Work with the MTN Regulatory functions and provide input into Mobile Financial Services Regulatory policies/regulations, legislative framework and impact of new Regulatory policies and legislation – with specific focus on the impact of such regulations or policies on MTN’s Mobile Financial Services operations
- Ensure ongoing compliance with established company policies and procedures related to Anti Money Laundering and Financial Crime risks in consultation with relevant first line functions.
- Develop and maintain metrics and reports on AML/CTF risks for Senior Management, Compliance and other key stakeholder groups to ensure responses and remediation actions are promptly reported and executed as necessary.
- Liaise with various departments to understand business processes, possible gaps, and potential AML/CTF shortfalls.
- Perform regular Anti Money Laundering and Financial Crime risk assessments and work with management to ensure that mitigating actions are established and tracked
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules
- Normal MTN Nigeria working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training Education
- First degree in any relevant numerate discipline
- MBA or Senior Management Program in a recognized Business School would be an added advantage
- AML/CFT Certification (Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundry Specialist) will be an added advantage
- 6- 13 years’ experience which includes:
- At least, 3 years in Mobile Financial Services sector/ industry or Banking
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience as an AML/Fraud Analyst in the banking industry or within Mobile Financial Services preferably
- Working knowledge of AML/CTF and other compliance requirements laws and rules in a Mobile Financial Services/banking, switching services or e-payment organisation
- Experience of local financial services regulatory landscape
- Proven track record of technical and specialized know-how around Mobile Financial Services fraud and AML/CTF
- Good knowledge of the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Mobile Money Guidelines and AML Regulations
- Familiarity with the FIU (Financial Intelligence Unit) directives /regulations.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Good knowledge of AML tool Risk Secure or any other monitoring tool would be a plus
- Emerging markets/ multi-cultural experience
- Previous success in implementing organization-wide financial services Regulatory and Compliance policies
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Coordinator, Project (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Analyst, MFS & AML Compliance (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Data Entry Officer at Krystal Digital Solutions Limited
- IT Support Assistant at Gulf Treasures Limited
- Facilitator (Programming) at Proxynet Communications Limited
- Data Collector at Krystal Digital Solutions Limited
- Social Media and Web Manager at Import Your Car Nigeria Ltd (IYCN)
- Program Manager at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Senior UX/UI Designer at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Scrum Master at Alfred & Victoria Associates