The Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba, informs the general public that the position of the Provost of the College will soon be vacant.
Location: Asaba, Delta
- Candidates for the post must demonstrate evidence of strong Academic and Administrative leadership initiative and creativity in policy formation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College and is charged with the responsibility of seeing to the day- to-day management and operations of the College. The successful candidate would be expected to provide the required Academic, Administrative and Professional leadership for the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objectives for which the Institution was established. Among others, some specific duties of the Provost include being:
- The Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College.
- The Chairman of the Academic Board that directs and oversees academic activities of the College.
- A member of the Governing Council of the College in charge of providing periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances and infrastructure and ensuring that the decisions of Council are carried out promptly.
- Responsible for approving and authorizing all payments and expenditures of the College in accordance with the financial regulations, treasury circulars and Governing Councils decision/directives under sound financial discipline and management.
- Responsible for ensuring meetings of Council and its committees are serviced, etc.
- A person to foster good rapport with relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Education. National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and other professional bodies that would lead to the ultimate attainment bythe College of the status of a Centre of Excellence.
- Candidate should possess a Doctorate Degree from a recognized University in a field relevant to at least one programme in the College.
- He/She should be a registered and active member of a Professional Association in the field of Education. The possession of Professional Teaching qualification, a minimum of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), and TRCN Registration are mandatory.
- Candidate must not be above fifty-nine (59) years of age at the time of submission of application.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification teaching/research experience in a College of Education system and in addition must have held a senior teaching /research and top administrative post in a College of Education system as evidence of ability to manage human and material resources.
- Candidates must show evidence of good track record in a result oriented research reaching high National and International status in their research achievements, as evident in scholarly publications.
- Candidate must be a Chief Lecturer with at least five (5) years cognate experience.
- Candidate must be of good conduct and character, possess sense of discipline, dedication, drive and resourcefulness, and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the members of staff and students of the College. He/She must be somebody who is not likely to foster personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interest.
- Candidate must be proficient in ICT packages and capacities.
- Evidence of Community Service both Local and National Development.
- Candidate must be a man/woman of vision, a goal’getter, and one that can produce and execute a strategic plan for the College.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a tenure of four (4) years in the first instance, but may be eligible for reappointment for a second and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance.
- The salary/remunerations are as contained in the Conditions of Service for Provosts of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria, and may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications in twenty (20) copies with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full Names, Surname underlined
- Marital Status and Number of Children, Indicating the age of each
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin
- Current Postal Address and Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions Attended With Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications and Distinctions With Dates
- Membership of Professional Associations/Bodies
- Work Experience in Chronological Sequence
- Present Employer-Status and Salary
- Extra curricular Activities
- Publications in Standard APAformat
- Names and Address of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be the present Employer.
Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address as above before the closing date. Applications with photocopies of credentials and other supporting documents should be addressed to the Chairman of the Governing Council and forwarded to:
Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba,
Asaba, Delta State.