At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an industry-leader, as well as a great place to work. The recognition we receive reinforces our ongoing efforts to make the right decisions on behalf of our employees, our clients and the communities we serve around the world.
IBM is filled with smart people, each of whom are actively involved in helping industries around the world do something better, more efficiently and more productively.
IBM is recruiting for the position of:
- For over 100 years, IBM has led the world in creating innovative solutions and products that have changed not only business, but history as well. And with our global scale and breadth of disciplines, we offer endless opportunities for leaders to grow and succeed in the company of the very best.
- And that's where you come in
- In toda's intensely competitive global marketplace, IBM is recruiting extraordinary leaders, people who not only succeed but enable others to as well. We have opportunities for talented, Masters degree level qualified individuals across every area of our business and in many countries across Africa and Middle East.
- The Program will offer a group of high-potential individuals an exceptional opportunity for accelerated career development in Business Development, sales and Pre-sales within multiple functions - leading towards a global career in IBM and focus on growth markets. In addition to building your business acumen, you will take advantage of IBM's world-class leadership development programs, and networking experiences, and be closely mentored and coached by senior IBMers.
- An innovative approach that blends together hands-on direct working experience and industry leading edge certification classes for IBM sales and services. This will allow you to be exposed to key drivers of success as a future IBM leader, including:
- Inspire, motivate, and develop individuals, teams, and organizations.
- Manage profit and loss and understand key drivers for the business.
- Create strategies and bring about change in a globally integrated enterprise.
- Excel and adapt to doing business in a volatile, complex and ambiguous global marketplace.
- Ensure the priorities and resources of key functions are aligned with business goals.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years experience in Significant business experience in Middle East and African countries or other growth markets
- At least 2 years experience in general business management and profit and loss responsibility in a dynamic corporate environment
- At least 2 years experience in analytical and interpersonal skills
- At least 2 years experience in Global Orientation
- At least 2 years experience in leadership, written and verbal communication skills, client service and solving complex business issues
- At least 2 years experience in an intense team atmosphere while defining issues/hypotheses, performing complex analysis, and assisting with preparation and recommendations of innovative solutions
- English: Fluent
- Master's Degree.
- At least 3 years experience in Significant business experience in Middle East and African countries or other growth markets
- At least 3 years experience in general business management and profit and loss responsibility in a dynamic corporate environment.
- At least 3 years experience in analytical and interpersonal skills.
- At least 3 years experience in Global Orientation.
- At least 3 years experience in leadership, written and verbal communication skills, client service and solving complex business issues.
- At least 3 years experience in an intense team atmosphere while defining issues/hypotheses, performing complex analysis, and assisting with preparation and recommendations of innovative solutions.
We're looking for candidates who are ready to be leaders throughout a career at IBM, have a passion for sales, strong interpersonal skills and the experience to influence, motivate, and lead others effectively, we invite you to explore and apply to this program. 1. Masters Degree in relevant field for IBM business 2. At least 2 years of relevant work experience 3. Readiness to business travel 4. English plus one additional language
go to method of application »
Job ID: ISC-0687706
Objective of the job:
- The Bid Manager (BM) supports the IBM sales organization in the development of customized and standard contracts and proposals.
- This requires cooperative collaboration with the sales team and other supporting departments (Procurement, Pricing, Legal, Customer Fulfillment), with the objective to provide completed contractual documents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Engage in sales opportunities to deliver proposals, contracts, and pricing approvals in assistance to Sellers / Business Partners,
- Understand client requirements and ensure proposal documentation is fully compliant with client specifications and requirements,
- Use appropriate collaborative / business tools and templates and coordinate IBM sales team and other supporting departments to produce deliverables according to client’s expectations, within time critical schedules,
- Ensure satisfactory audit and review posture is maintained: through compliance with all relevant aspects of the Solution Design and Delivery process,
- Utilize foreign language skills while engaging and cultivating relationships with Sellers, Business Partners and a variety of IBM functions.
- Must have willingness to work flexibly, as the role involves occasional shifts and overtime toward quarter-end
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year experience in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- At least 1 year experience in Business / Management / Social Sciences / Other
- English: Fluent
- Social Sciences
- At least 3 years experience in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- At least 3 years experience in Business / Management / Social Sciences / Other
Desired knowledge and skills:
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a multi-lingual / multi-cultural environment
- Understanding the implications of different pricing options / methods
- Ability to follow Business Controls and maintain bid audit trail
- Applying basic teaming skills to work within teams
- Ability to solve problems within own work group and provide an innovative approach to achieve own work group objectives
- Detail orientation with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast spaced environment and work under time constraints
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should click here to apply here.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.