eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results
- The Facility Manager plans and coordinates the operational activities of eHA housing accommodation and offices in accordance with policy and guidelines laid down by eHealth Africa.
- S/he provides effective leadership by taking responsibility for strategy, staff management, key stakeholders and business relationships, financial and project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Develops safety guidelines and procedures for implementation across all eHA facilities and also enforces compliance.
- Creates awareness on safety issues to employees and conducts regular training for staff to mitigate new safety challenges.
- Carries out regular supervision of eHA facilities to ensure compliance with eHA safety policies and ensures they are in sync with statutory safety regulations.
- Ensures that all Health and Safety obligations are complied with by facilities staff and independent contractors.
- Documents and response to all reports of incidents on all eHA facilities in accordance with company’s policies and procedures.
- Works closely with the engineering team on all structural and physical maintenance required on eHA facilities.
- Affirms the usage of facilities provided in all eHA’s building and premises are in accordance to company’s policies and guidelines.
- Ensures buildings and other facilities meet statutory Health and Safety standards.
- Responds to incidents and emergencies where necessary.
- Prepares and monitors preventive maintenance schedule for all eHA facilities and assets.
- Reviews, bids and make recommendations to management on contracts awards relating to repairs or maintenance on company's facilities.
- Contacts prospective maintenance services contractors to establish and manage service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Supervises new and ongoing construction works on eHA facilities and the Emergency Operations Centers (EOC) to completion.
- Secures and renews office and residential building permits and manages communications with respective government authorities.
- Ensures that works are carried out within agreed timelines and according to organisational priorities to ensure the smooth daily operational running of eHA buildings
- Ensures that all statutory compliance systems and Occupational Health and Safety requirements are fulfilled including public safety and security.
- Research and develops plans to incorporate the environmentally sustainable system and design into the building.
- Ensures compliance with employment and laws regulations
- Performs any other duties assigned by management
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor's degree from college or university in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering or related qualification such as project management, business management or construction management
- Minimum of Four (4) years relevant experience working in a facility management role for multinational organisations or an equivalent experience.
- Ability to organise and also possess good time management skills.
- Knowledge of basic First Aid procedures is an advantage
- Demonstrates knowledge of strong negotiating skills for managing contractors
- Must have flexibility in working hours, including on-call availability and the willingness to work during holidays.
Certifications and Licenses:
- First Aid Certification or equivalent training
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM) or equivalent training
- HSE Certification or equivalent training in Safety.
- Evidence of training on Emotional Intelligence
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including a proven ability to maintain constructive relationships with colleagues and partners, both in-person and virtually.
- Ability to be adaptable, results-oriented, and positive in a changing work environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit, positive attitude, high energy.
- Must be able to work as an individual contributor and as a member of a team.
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams and to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
Why work for us?
- Life at eHealth Africa means not only working towards saving thousands of lives but also collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for innovative technology.
- We offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfils their potential. Our team members’ health and well-being is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth Systems Africa career website on ehealthafrica.bamboohr.com to apply