Director of Programs at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC)
Posted on: 23 August, 2017
Deadline: 6 September, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Maryland Global Initiatives Corpo
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
Reports To: Country Director CIHEB Nigeria
Key Working Relations: Project/Activity Technical advisor
- Defines, develops, executes and continually updates the strategic plan for the In- country team. Adjusts strategic goals, work plans and operations as projects are added to and/or completed
- Support the different cadres of the mentorship teams to develop and/or review necessary standard operating procedures and support mentorship teams to institutionalize these at all supported health facilities.
- In conjunction with other key program staff, develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction and necessary course corrections required of the project.
- Manages the development, review and finalization of quarterly and annual project work plans; monitors progress towards targets and addresses bottlenecks in meeting project milestones
- Reviews deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and continuous quality improvement.
- Analyzes, updates, and modifies standard operating procedures and processes to continually improve QI services/operations
- Assists in strategizing and facilitating various committee structures and functions to best address the QI process and oversees Quality Committees.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with appropriate government institutions and participate in activities related to implementing strategies to move Nigeria towards epidemic control.
- Work with key staff to develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program and monitor the performance of the budget each year and participate in the approval process for all budgeted program expenditures
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths and performance of the program and identify areas for improvement and monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework
- Write reports on the program for management and funders and communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Actively innovate to improve current scope of work and expand country portfolio.
- Masters in Public Health.
- PHD in Public Health will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CV's to: email@example.com
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (M...Similar Jobs
- Deputy Project Director-Global Fund at FHI 360
- Health Systems Adviser at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Head, Administration & General Services at Action Health Incorporated (AHI)
- Consultant - SCEEP Endline Evaluation at ActionAid Nigeria
- Emergency Coordinator, Northeast at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Clinic Assistant at the International Rescue Committee
- Humanitarian Capacity Strengthening Officer at Catholic Agency for Overseas Development
- Fresh Vacancies at Save the Children