Lilygate Hotel is an amazing experience located on the Lekki Peninsula, Victoria Island in Lagos state, south-west Nigeria. With easy access to Victoria Island and Ikoyi over the newly opened bridge, our hotel allows both business and leisure travellers to enjoy modern and luxurious facilities in a unique boutique ambiance.
Reports To: Managing Director or General Manager
- Directly supervises all front office personnel and ensures proper completion of all front office duties.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services, and telephone areas.
- Prepare monthly reports and budget for front office department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Trains, cross - trains, and retrains all front office personnel.
- Participates in the selection of front office personnel.
- Schedules the front office staff.
- Supervises workload during shifts.
- Evaluates the job performance if each front office employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Maintains master key control.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Reviews and completes credit limit report.
- Works within the allocated budget for the front office.
- Receives information from the previous shift manger and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming manager.
- Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforces all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Wears the proper uniform at all times. Requires all front office employees to wear proper uniforms at all times.
- Upholds the hotel's commitment to hospitality.
- Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyse rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily. I.e flash report, allowance etc.
- Monitor high balance guest and take appropriate action.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Monitor all V.I.P’s special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily front office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review Front office log book and Guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Maintain an organised and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Strong Leadership abilities and organizational skills, Entrepreneurial, thinks out of the box and Able to drive change and look for operational efficiencies / synergies across the network.
- Minimum 2 years College Degree.
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience of which at least three year of hotel front desk supervisory experience, experience handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks.
- Extensive knowledge of Opera.
go to method of application »
- As a Control Room Officer, you will coordinate security activities at the location, assist in access control through closed circuit television (CCTV) monitoring, serve as communications center for security operations, and maintain constant monitoring of the alarm systems. Lighting requests are often taken after hours.
- You must take all lighting requests and provide lights to those that have requested them.
- You must also log all such requests on the lighting request sheet.
- Full access control
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms contact direct supervisor in cases of emergencies or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities. Maintain written logs as required by the post
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Multi computer use and functions of computers, phone systems, alarm systems, turn styles, handheld radios
The Ideal Candidate
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- So what does it take to qualify for this great opportunity? We’re looking for professional detail-oriented individuals with a talent for effectively assessing/evaluating situations and identifying critical issues.
- Here’s the minimum you’ll need to be a successful Control Room Officer:
- A high School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.