Universal Careers is a Human Resource agency founded to help exceptional candidates and international clients who are interested in living and working in the biggest economy in Africa - Nigeria.
Good clients and excellent candidates go hand in hand and the mix of the two is absolutely essential for success, it is all about people.
At Universal Careers we are a small team of industry specialists, who are servicing our clients with bespoke HR solutions. No two clients are the same, so our approach to each Client is unique. We have a large network of consultants all-over the world with whom we build teams depending on the client and the specific task at hand.
REPORTS TO: Country Manager/Managing Director
DIRECTLY SUPERVISE: Agrochemicals Sales Team
The Sales Manager, Agrochemicals & Crop Protection is responsible for planning, administering, implementing and coordinating effective sales strategies and leading the Agrochemical Sales team toward achievement of set corporate sales and market share objectives. The position is based in Lagos and may include periodic travel throughout the country.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The responsibilities of this position shall include but is not limited to the following:
- Develop a strategy for re-introduction of the Company’s Agrochemical business line.
- Preparation and delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual sales and gross profit targets, objectives and budgets.
- Sustaining sales target prospects, pipelines and orders in process sufficient to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales & gross profit target, objectives and budgets.
- Maintain up to date competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies.
- Managing the activities of field staff such as agronomists, sales representatives and commissioned agents.
- Creating a marketing program, expanding the company’s contacts with farms and farmers, government agencies and other stakeholders in the agricultural industry.
- Deliver major sales growth through high volume target accounts.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other divisions to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Build and grow the market share for Agrochemicals.
- Implement and monitor the implementation of the company’s sales process to establish a culture of consultative pre and post selling activities.
- Ensure, supervise and monitor compliance with product registration requirement, regulation and related matters.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
PARENT COMPANY: M.D Agric Division
INTERNAL: All Heads of Division/Department and employees on a need basis.
EXTERNAL: Existing Customers, Farmers’ Associations, Target Prospects, MDAs, NGOs, Regulatory Agencies, Target Prospects in Public and Private Sectors.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Leadership ability coupled with high standards of integrity
- Demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive profitable sales goals.
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Intellectual capacity and experience to develop win support for and implement strategy, projects, disciplined management and reporting systems, complex problem solving and effective management of positive change.
- Demonstrate ability to professionally inspire, develop and coach team members and subordinates.
- Exceptional deal closing, selling and negotiation skills across a wide range of sophisticated buyers within competitive markets.
- Ability to understand and apply market intelligence.
- Team player
University Degree in Agriculture or related course from a recognized Higher Institution.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of Ten years’ relevant experience in sales with at least five years of sales management experience in the agrochemical or related sector.
go to method of application »
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process for your clients from initial brief through to offer acceptance, start and follow up.
- Work proactively with candidates to identify potential opportunities in the market.
- Continual client and candidate networking.
- Regular candidate and client follow-up calls.
- Manage the talent acquisition process in a timely manner.
- Record accurate details of all communication with clients and candidates.
- Contribute to company marketing activities and initiatives.
- Good commercial acumen.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Confident and proactive, inspired to achieve the best results for all parties.
- BSc in a Social Science or any course.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.