Visa Incorporated is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Number: 163880
Job: Sales/Business Development
- Business Development specialist with ownership all aspects of designated Client relationships with a focus on business growth and client satisfaction.
- Manages the setting, direction and implementation of country and business strategies with designated Clients to achieve business targets through growing the existing business and through identifying new business opportunities including the introduction and implementation of new products and services.
Business Development and Relationship Management:
- Establish, develop and manage the relationship between Visa and designated Clients', industry representatives in-country such as Central Banks, Governments, Bankers Association and Media
- Establish, develop and manage relationships in-country with Vendors, Processors and Domestic Switches
- Manages Revenue for designated Clients
- Identify new business development opportunities and take accountability for and manage the project evaluation of these. Focus on achieving business targets through growing existing business and developing new business opportunities.
- Monitor business results of designated clients and anticipate challenges and take proactive measures to accomplish targets
- Ensure effective communication of progress to targets both within Visa and with Clients
- Develop, maintain and cultivate close relationships with decision-makers and senior management of designated clients, partner companies, Central banks and national banking associations.
- Understand their business strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, present to them strategic ideas and share Visa's views on industry developments and dynamics and advise them how Visa products can impact their results
- Represent Visa to the Clients by providing a point of contact to them, with permanent high quality support on the Visa organisation, products, systems and policies.
- Client consulting relating to operations, IT, marketing and compliance
- Ensure all Visa departments are fully informed of actions that may affect them, support their objectives and business plans and seek to resolve conflicts which might occur.
- Actively contribute to the development of the team through sharing of information, coaching and support
- Establish, maintain and develop good relationships with colleagues, and staff in other regions to ensure that global initiatives and best practice throughout Visa are effectively introduced across the company
- Complete ad hoc project/research work and other initiatives as directed by management
Strategic Nature, Management Accountability, & Scope:
- Supports the development of BD Strategy. Ensures the implementation of annual functional sales goals and plans, primarily focused on execution
- Responsible for relationship management and business development with designation Clients and sectors without direct reports. May lead cross functional teams or projects
- Directly supports the West Africa Country Manager on the business development of the market
Decision Making & Complexity:
- Has impact on West Africa revenue and organisation reputation through management of Client relationships
- Decisions are guided by Visa policies, procedures and business plans.
- Interprets business issues and recommends best practice
- Works independently with guidance in only the more complex situations. Solves complex problems taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
Financial & Organizational Scope:
- Operational sales team member & individual contributor. Not responsible for directly managing a budget or cost centre
- Manages assigned Clients
- Generates new business and maintains existing Client relationships for mid to large accounts
Reporting Relationships & Interactions:
- Based in Lagos, Nigeria, this role reports to the West Africa Country Manager, based in the same office
- This position will involve frequent interaction with key Visa stakeholders, including the financial institutions, processors, the Central Bank, acquirers, merchants, etc
- This individual is expected to interact effectively with all levels of Visa management and staff
- Strong collaboration skills and team work with the SSA hub office for Marketing, Products, Acceptance and other functional work.
- Strong interpersonal skills will be required to address on-going needs of a complex, matrix reporting structure, and multinational organisation
- Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management skills are essential including the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Possesses specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in business development, primarily focused on execution
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field, with typically at least 5 years professional experience in retail banking / financial services / payments sector
- Experience in the West Africa region
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated mastery of core BD skills & competencies via practical experience of a difficult nature
- Proven Relationship Management skills
- Proven Sales, Negotiation & Influencing skills
- Time management, multitasking skills
- Fluent business English both written & spoken
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Creation & delivery of professional briefs and presentations
- Business / commercial acumen
- Analytical skills, strong problem solver, creative trouble shooter
- Experience working in cross functional team, matrix experience preferred
- Previous experience in a multinational financial company preferred, with a strong compliance culture
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-directed & motivated
- Team player, can-do attitude
Job Number: 163949
Job: Sales/Business Development
- Visa's Digital Team is seeking a Senior Merchant Sales and Solutions Business Development Leader who will have responsibility for the in-market implemenation of a new mobile payment solution aimed at growing merchant acceptance.
- The Senior Merchant Sales and Solutions Business Development Leader has the overall responsibility for Ngerian strategy and its implementation as well as the growth and development of meaningful and profitable merchant relations.
- In addition this role is responsible for working with the Group Country Manager/Country Managers on industry & regulatory initiatives and interchange management for the region.
- The Senior Merchant Sales and Solutions Business Development Leader is recognized as the Visa authority on the merchant acceptance, mobile payment, industry and regulatory areas.
- The Senior Merchant Sales and Solutions Business Development Leader oversees the overall development and implementation of merchant acceptance strategies that grow the penetration of electronic payments in this geography to drive the increase of Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) via implementing the new payment solution and bulding strong working relationships with client banks, key merchants and third party partners.
- The role is also responsible for understanding and communicating local market needs in order that the CEMEA Hub, Digital Team and Global Merchant Sales and Solutions organizations are able to effectively and efficiently define market specific strategies required to manage strategic and complex Acceptance issues.
Key Results Areas:
- Develop and execute the merchant acceptance, merchant relations and partner strategy for Nigeria increase Visa MSV, market share, data processing revenues and create acquirer, merchant and consumer preference for Visa.
- Play a hands on role in the deployment and go to market of a new mobile based technology solution.
- In conjunction with the Country Manager, represent Visa on industry bodies and forums.
- Development of multi-year merchant acquiring strategy and business plan for Nigeria and other markets as required.
- Development of new initiatives/solutions, implement marketing/usage initiatives targeting traditional and new merchant segments, both in physical world and virtual world, with a focus on mobile based acceptance solutions.
- Successfully translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans, aligning efforts of the Acceptance and Interchange organizations with other key Visa stakeholders in particular the Country and Digtal Teams.
- Establish and foster relationships with Clients and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management.
- Support local Client Sales and Digital Teams with their sales and enablement efforts. Maintain current knowledge of technologies, products, services, methods and applications and implement new approaches and practices as required.
- Maintain and build rapport with MSS and functional teams across Visa Inc. to exchange, learn and leverage best practices.
- Local market and regulatory knowledge and functional experience in acceptance, merchant acquiring, interchange management, consulting, financial transaction processing knowledge and client sales, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services within a highly matrixed environment
- Years of Experience: A minimum of 10 years of success in progressive leadership positions in the Payments industry
- Education (required): Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Working knowledge of payments network and processing services
- Working knowledge of mobile technology
- Demonstrated, detailed knowledge of the full breadth of acceptance and other products and services offered by Visa (preferred)
- Microsoft office tools e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc
- Working knowledge of Visa systems (preferred)
- Broad and multiple industry exposure.
- General finance and accounting knowledge and understanding.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Sales and relationship management skills.
- Project management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience shaping and delivering defined strategies.
- Proven track record of driving growth and taking new products from conception to commercial launch.
- Executive presence.
- Global mind-set, desire and demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally.
- Exposure to emerging payment solutions (mobile wallets, mobile money ecosystems, agent banking, mobile money transfers)
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.