Finance Vacancies at Michael Stevens Consulting
Posted on: 22 September, 2016
Deadline: 22 October, 2016
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Michael Stevens Consulting
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Michael Stevens Consulting - We are a long established and well respected multi-disciplinary management and financial consulting firm with offices in several locations across Nigeria. In furtherance of the objective of strengthening our management structure to take advantage of emerging opportunities, it has become imperative to identify self managed, and very experienced individuals to meet the responsibilities inherent in the positions below:
- We are looking for an objective internal auditor to add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgment.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Minimum of 3 years of Proven working experience as Internal Auditor
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgment
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
go to method of application »
- To manage the Internal Audit function for the group company.
- To ensure that the Internal audit Function provides an independent assessment of the adequacy of the company’s internal systems and controls, including the systems for appropriate identification and evaluation of risk and for ensuring compliance with all applicable law and regulation.
- To draw any weaknesses or shortcomings noted to the attention of management.
- Internal Audit and Continuous Improvement
- Design, implement, test and modify controls in specific organisation systems, to provide assurance of operational and technical efficiency at the corporate level.
- Identify instances of over and under control and provide management with a clear articulation of residual risks where existing controls are inadequate.
- Keep abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and appropriate audit direction/methodology.
- Conduct periodic training workshops to promote awareness of internal controls and discuss changes in policies that will impact the organisation.
- BA degree in Business or related
- 10+ years accounting or internal audit experience
- 3+ years experience management in a manufacturing industry
- Certified Audit required, as well as one of the following: ACA or ACCA
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV's to email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Michael Stevens ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Communications Executive (Trainee) at The Concept Group
- Filing Officer at The Concept Group
- IT Support (System & Network Administration) Intern at The Concept Group
- Fresh Jobs at SPC Patterns Consulting
- Jobs at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Senior Business Development Consultant at Workforce Group
- Channel and Institution Sales Professional at Ascentech Services Limited
- Mobile Money Agent at Westfield Consulting Limited