If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a large multinational conglomerate to recruit an Expatriate Chief Executive Officer for its Oilfield and engineering services in Nigeria.
Our client is a multinational manufacturing company with branches in Nigeria.
The Senior General Ledger Accountant is in charge of managing the General Ledger of the legal entity of his/her scope.
The role will ensure that the books reflect the true financial position of the entity and that all transactions booked into the accounts are IFRS compliant, conform with relevant local statutory requirements, group policies, world-class performance and internal control standards through implementing best practices and Group policies and procedures.
The role ensures that all transactions in the ledgers are fully recorded in accordance with the Group and Country accounting policies, chart of accounts, and related accounting principles and practices. The function is ultimately accountable for the correct booking of all transactions in line with internal procedures and statutory rules.
- Perform all the necessary controls and make any adjustments needed.
- Ensure that all account reconciliations are performed at an appropriate frequency and discrepancies resolved on a timely basis in accordance with group guidelines and professional best practice.
- Ensure accurate, reliable, and timely monthly closing.
- Support the preparation of statutory information and validate the data used to compile statutory results.
- Contribute to ad hoc financial reporting by ensuring the correct level of support is available for the preparation of any ad hoc financial report.
- Manage all changes in accounting policies received from the Group as well as from the Country.
- Optimize group and internal control policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all data and information provided in his/her scope is reliable and correct.
- Perform periodic balance sheet reconciliations
- Identify, implement and communicate process improvements.
- Perform and lead month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
- Monthly balance sheet review with adequate schedules analyzing the financial position of the business
- Perform monthly Inter-company reconciliations with counter parties
- Maintain a master list of journal entries
- Ensure adequate provisions and accruals are maintained from time to time
- Providing the lead way for the external auditing of his/her entity and maintaining good audit relationship in the process.
- B.Sc / HND (Accounting/Social sciences)
- ACA /, ACCA (Compulsory)
- 5 years post NYSC working experience with minimum of 3 years in similar role.
- Good knowledge of an ERP environment – ideally JDE or SAP
- Practical knowledge of IAS, IFRS
- Internal controls
- Good knowledge of industry/manufacturing accounting
- Familiar with local statutory requirements on financial reporting
- MS-Excel Knowledge
- Effective communication skills with people at all levels of the business
- Decisive under pressure considering the criticality and urgency of decisions
- Pro-actively analysing the balance sheet for risks and opportunities
- Management oriented towards performance and results
- Leadership potential
- Good integrity and ethics; Trustworthiness
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Team player and ability to work independently
go to method of application »
- Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets.
- Designing and conducting tests.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with qualifications such as Java Applets, Web Programming Skills, Teamwork, Web User Interface Design, etc
- The potential candidate must have experience in web service
- Proven hands-on experience in Software Development and Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object-Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Struts2, Grails, Spring)
- Experience with JasperReports
- Experience with test-driven development
go to method of application »
- Monitor the bank movements and their reconciliation with bank statements
- Produce monthly Management Accounts
- Prepare Yearly Final Accounts and Liaise with External Auditors
- Monitor changes in legislation and publications regarding accountancy and financial matters
- Assist in the preparation of standardized accounting procedures in the Company
- Consolidation of budgets vs actuals and financial planning
- Preparation and filing of Tax forms, excellent grasp of Tax matters and FIRS process
- Treasury management- cash planning and invoice processing
- Receivables: maintains individual ledgers, allocates payments to invoices, send dunning letters, maintains WHT recoverable ledger and follow-up with customers
- Taxes: prepares monthly VAT returns, WHT remittance
- Payroll: monthly payments, follow up of loans / advances / leave allowances / pension funds
- Look after the Companies interests regarding Nigerian authorities and external auditors and Control the treasury
- Provide sound business and financial advice to company management
- Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls
- Perform cashflow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project team in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis
- Qualified Accountant-ACA/ACCA/FCA with Bachelor’s degree from a reputable tertiary institution
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience including expertise in IFRS
- Master’s degree in financial management is an added advantage
- Experience in tax filling
- Excellent management and communication skill
- Strong business leader, coach, and team player
- Excellent people skill
- Knowledge of SAGE or any accounting software is an advantage
Method of Application
To apply, click preferred job title(s)