Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
Functions as the strategic business leader of rooms operations and acts as General Manager in his/her absence. Areas of responsibility include Front Office, BusinessCenter, Retail/Gift Shops, Recreation/Fitness Center, Housekeeping and Security/Loss Prevention. Position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures the rooms operations meet the brand's target customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand's target customer and employees and provides a return on investment.
Education and Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations
Leading Operations Teams
Managing Relationships with Property Stakeholders
Managing the Guest Experience
As a member of the property management staff, contributes advanced knowledge and skill in Management Information Services (MIS) and general hospitality business knowledge to support the property and technology Information Resources objectives. Position is for MIS planning, decision-making, implementation, and maintenance. May interfaces with vendors, owners, Executive Committee and property staff.
Education and Experience
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience. Additionally, 2-4 years experience in like position.
• Previous experience in IR Global Field Services or Marriott Systems Support desirable.
• System-related professional certifications desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Client Technology Needs are Met
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Manages projects and activities related to MIS.
• Monitors, ensures and manages the acquisition and maintenance of property based systems.
• Analyzes information, identifies current and potential problems and proposes solutions.
• Maintains, inspects and repairs equipment.
• Inspects and ensures the maintenance of the equipment or the environment.
• Ensures that computer and network operations are monitored at the property, backup/recovery functions are performed on scheduled basis and administration functions for hardware, operating and application systems are maintained and completed on consistent basis.
• Manages IR activities to ensure the property infrastructure and applications systems are functional at all times.
• Ensures solutions are consistent with the client's needs and brand specific IR environment.
• Generates systems communications for property users to introduce new applications, provide user tips, alert users of system problems and inform staff of progress or status.
• Consults on specific application issues or hardware/software problems.
• Provides feedback on application functional performance and system performance.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Monitors processes and evaluates information according to SOP and LSOP requirements.
• Enforces IR policies and standards protecting company hardware, software and other resources at the property.
• Directs maintenance of equipment and installed software applications inventory for property ensuring compliance with licensing regulations.
Maintaining Information Systems and Technology Goals
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Performs an assessment of needs, ensuring compliance with brand specific standards, budget and capital requirements.
• Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any MIS projects on schedule and according to specification.
• Ensures problems are correctly reported, routed, tracked and solved, with the system user being informed of situation at all times.
• Ensures proper asset management.
• Performs on-site monitoring of all projects.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizes performance and produces desired business results.
Demonstrating and Applying Information Resources Knowledge
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to your job.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Provides technical expertise and support.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Coordinates property efforts, prioritizes needs and communicates those needs to IR Shared Services and other systems staff.
• Manages vendors for property IT requirements functioning as escalation point for problem resolution.
To apply, click preferred job titles to apply below.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.