At RS Hunter, we believe our clients have the resources, what we do is to galvanise, advice, and partner with our clients to understand the peculiarities of their businesses and then offer the best HR solutions and strategies that work.Our objective is to focus on creating an overall people driven value through training, expert HR advisory services and value enhancement to our clientsin small business medium sector range while providing support to larger organisations in the areas of recruitment and executive selection
A reputable multinational Pharmaceutical Company in Nigeria is seeking a qualified, experienced and dedicated individual to fill the position of Head, Trade & Revenue Management.
Ensure achievement of sales objectives and development of the company’s market potential through the wholesale trade and channel business within Nigeria, through implementing the company’s strategy and policies. Deliver sustainable growth in Gross Margin by establishing capabilities, embedding best practices and delivering actionable recommendations in respect of Trade Investment and Pricing strategies.
Implement Revenue Management initiatives by integrating all aspects such as: customers, portfolio, channels, seasonality and segments
As a result of market deregulation and emerging payer strategies to cope with increasing healthcare costs, the company and its competitors are facing a fast-evolving trade landscape characterized by market fragmentation and the emergence of diversified players. In line with the reality in the market, one of which we operate in, there are substantial opportunities which we can seize in order to create a sustainable competitive advantage. The Trade Management function will have a transversal responsibility across Business Units and supported by regional teams to develop a platform that brings the company closer to its trade actors.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and implement channel and trade strategies for the entire company portfolio
- Profile, Identify and segment key institutions within territory bearing in mind the Financial parameters of the company’s products (Price, Margin, COGS), Location of institution, entry, maintenance and business growth parameters within the institution
- Coordinate the Affiliate’s sell-in activities (discount and services negotiations) and all other point-of-sale activities across Business Units.
- Segments and prioritizes customers and delivers sustainable customer partnership by putting together customer development plans
- Proposes the necessary resources deployment customers at key account and PoS (point of Sales level) in close collaboration with the BU’s and in line with the BU’s strategies
- Agrees negotiation strategy for key accounts with Business Units and owns the negotiation process (with KAMs as appropriate), coordinates the activation plan.
- Ensures commercial excellence (capabilities, systems and processes) in the Trade channel via implementation of the Trade management cycle, owns customer strategies for the entire company portfolio
- Consolidate the commercial plans at customer and channel level and assess fit with commercial framework and the customer and channel strategies (to be agreed with global Trade function for global key accounts)
- Ensuring that terms are harmonized to the benefit of the company and all BUs
- Be the driver of Trade investment and Pricing processes from end-to-end, fully engaging and providing benchmark, guidance and specific recommendations to all relevant Business Units and functions (including Finance, Business excellence Supply chain, IS) and leveraging synergies across BU’s
- Establish a clear governance model to RM at a country level via the Pricing and Trade Committee
- Perform robust analysis that provide greater visibility of the value chain economics (pricing, commercial conditions, trade margins) and bring insights to actionable commercial strategies that deliver absolute Gross Margin growth
Requirements & Skills
- This position requires a proactive, mature and self-reliant person who can always take the initiative and influence within a broad team environment. Skills include:
- Strong leadership skills and change management capabilities
- Ability to network/influence in a matrix organisation
- Strong analytical skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to handle numerous projects at one time and meet fast turnaround deadlines
- Good balance of speed and accuracy.
- Good presentation and persuasive skills
- Project Management Mindset.
- Highly developed business acumen.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills required to foster value-adding relationships with key
Qualification & Experience
- B.Sc. in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Economics or Engineering
- Thorough understanding of pricing (including elasticity modelling, pricing architecture, break-even analysis)
- Thorough understanding of contract management and trade terms optimisation
- Practical experience of commercial negotiation with key customers
- Good understanding of statistical analysis tools.
- Good understanding of Shopper/Consumer insights tools.
- 5 years’ experience in commercial intelligence/finance functions in FMCG or cognate companies including min 2 years in a Pricing/Revenue management role and or sound experience as Business Unit Head or equivalent.
go to method of application »
A reputable multinational Pharmaceutical Company in Nigeria is seeking a qualified, experienced and dedicated individual to fill the position of a Regional Sales Manager.
The Regional Sales Manager is primarily responsible for driving the P & L growth and delivering target profit contribution for the Alcon Sub-Saharan business with focus on the Nigerian and Kenyan markets. The role is responsible for building and maintaining Alcon’s Sub Saharan Africa business based upon an approved strategic plan and annually approved budget
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- To meet or exceed sales targets (e.g. units, value, market share, share of wallet) and grow these parameters within agreed budgets and timescales – through effective leadership of sales team.
- To precisely execute the sales strategy reflected in relevant customer segmentation (HCP/ECP) and specific targeting per segment, with focus on defined value proposition. Ensure excellent strategic thinking, accurate forecasting, superior tactical execution, and commitment to results as well as fostering talent.
- Mentor and develop the team, expand workforce as necessary, establish a team - centric and collaborative management environment.
- Influence strategic portfolio development activities for the Sub Saharan Africa Business Unit. Work with Area and Global Business Development to support commercial assessments, forecasting and product in – licensing. Sustain collaborations and partnerships.
- Ensure effective financial planning and monitoring; develop action plans to address issues. Manage expenses to budget and deliver targeted profit contribution.
- Enhance reputation, visibility and relationship of Alcon Eye Care Business by best in class key account management and active participation in appropriate meetings and conferences.
- Close co – ordination and collaboration with key functional leaders, senior corporate leadership, major market and regional leadership, marketing sales leadership and research and development.
- Work closely with the General Manager as well as the Sub Saharan Africa Team to assess the portfolio and develop the marketing strategy and deliver top and bottom line growth for the assigned markets.
- Any other duties or projects as requested by the General Manager commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility for this role, for which the associate has the necessary experience and/ or training.
Key Performances Indicators:
- Organizational Objectives and Goals
- Departmental/ Team Objectives and Goals
- Individual Objectives, goals/ development plan requirements (identified during Performance Management Process)
Qualification & Experience:
- University degree qualification or equivalent in Pharmacy, Life Sciences, Marketing or Business Management or a related field.
- MBA or post graduate/ advanced degree qualification in business or management or a related field – desired.
- Minimum of 10 years Surgical, Pharma or related experience. Medical devices experience preferred
Method of Application
To apply, visit RS Hunter Career Page
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.