Jobs in an Environmental Sanitation Firm
Posted on: 5 May, 2016
Deadline: 17 May, 2016
View Jobs in Janitorial Services / Environment
View Jobs posted same day
An Environmental Sanitation firm located in Lagos State, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
- Community Sanitation Supervisor must be a local resident of the community, she/he will be responsible for all the companies activities related to maintaining the cleanliness of that specific community.
- He/She is responsible for day-to-day activities of his or her unit.
- Motivates and develops Sanitation officers to achieve outstanding sanitation results.
- Reports to the Area Sanitation Manager.
- Design and oversee implementation of community sanitation programs
- Collaborate with other sanitation supervisors to develop program design and to ensure a continuous learning and improvement process
- Identify appropriate sanitation products, build and manage partnerships with suppliers and implementation partners
- Educate Community on companys sanitation activities within the community
- Laise with local Authorities
- Participate in hiring, training, and building capacity of community sanitation officers
- Support Sanitation Area Managers in oversight and management of the sanitation program
- Conduct regular research and stay current on Environmental Management, especially sanitation programs
- Coordinate with Development team to create sanitation proposals, budgets, and reports
- Regular collaboration and idea generation within the Programs department
- Ensure that sanitation program information is accurate and up to date in company’s database
- Represent Company’s at relevant conferences and events
- B.Sc or equivalent with a minimum of 1-3 years pest qualification experience.
- Experience and knowledge In sanitation operations, procedures and program standards,
- Excellent Computers Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Report Writing Skills
- Ability to Multi Task
- Ability to work Under Pressure
- Strong Quantitative skills,
- Ability to think Outside the box
- Self Starter
go to method of application »
- The Area Manager must be a local resident of the community.
- He/She will be responsible for all the companies activities related to maintaining the cleanliness of that specific community.
- He/She is responsible for day to-day activities of his/her unit.
- Motivates and develops sanitation staff to achieve outstanding sanitation results.
- Reports to the District Operations Manager and guides community sanitation supervisors.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to sanitation supervisors monitor employee performance and coordinate solid waste activities and projects.
- Attends and participates in various meetings and responds to public concerns and questions regarding assigned divisions and to promote or seek input on proposed programs and needs.
- Responds to and investigates problems and complaints received and ensure resolution, Ensures solid waste operations and facilities are compliant with state regulations.
- Oversees the monitoring, maintenance, repair of facilities, vehicles, toots, machinery and equipment according to specifications.
- Recommends replacement and acquisition needs.
- Assists in the preparation of bid specifications and budget creation, assists in monitoring budget activity.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as required.
- Makes recommendations for personnel issues such as hiring, training
- B.Sc or equivalent with 3 - 5 years post qualification experience
- Proven leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience and Knowledge in sanitation operations, procedures and program standards
- Familiarity with environmental standards and compliance requirements
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Customer relations and service techniques
- Familiarity with hazards and safety practices in area of assignment
- Ability to develop objectives, policies and procedures for maintenance of sanitation
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in normal day - to - day operations.
- Ability to prepare dear and concise reports and memos Excellent record keeping
go to method of application »
- The Community Sanitation Officer is a local resident of the community who will be responsible for all the companies activities related to maintaining the cleanliness of that specific community.
- The CSO motivates and develops Sanitation staff to achieve outstanding sanitation results.
- Reports to the Operations Manager and receives direction concerning sanitation activities
- Perform daily sanitation of all roads, drains in the community.
- Promotes a safe work environment through knowledge of the sanitation program and commitment to a safe work environment for all.
- Ensures that staff are informed of corporate safety requirements and that safety is a priority in day to day functions.
- Directs and coordinates all daily sanitation activities within the community and surrounding environs.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining a supply of cleaning equipment necessary for the operations and In compliance with statutory regulations.
- Manages operations to maintain the highest rating possible on all audits and inspections.
- Develops and Implements new methods, procedures, and systems to improve performance, determine and implement corrective actions,
- Lead, motivate and develop sanitation personnel to achieve outstanding results, Effectively conduct team meetings.
- Provide a satisfying and rewarding work environment for employees.
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or its equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience
- Experience and knowledge in sanitation operations, procedures and program standards.
- A workings knowledge of food technology, food science, microbiology or chemistry required,
- Understanding modes of control of various sanitation chemicals and physical cleaning.
- Leadership competencies that lead and inspire others drives for exceptional results.
- Strong quantitative skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to think critically.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
go to method of application »
- The Community Sanitation Officer I is a local resident of the community who will be responsible for all the companies activities related to maintaining the cleanliness of that specific community.
- Works on the back of a truck and clears refuse on assigned route.
- Manually lifts containers and empties contents into refuse truck.
- Acts as a ground guide and assists in the sale operation & collection of refuse and yard waste materials.
- Operates compactor mechanism on truck by manually pushing lever to start the automatic packing of refuse and/or yard waste.
- Observes pick up area to determine whether area is free of refuse and replaces lid on empty cans.
- Cleans refuse from street where spilling has occurred.
- Operates pickup truck to pick up litter and illegal dump sites as well as delivery of polycarts.
- Washes, sprays, and deodorizes public street trash containers and polycarts.
- Interfaces with citizens in person or over the telephone regarding minor complaints or questions.
- Refers citizens to main office regarding bills, inadequate service, or related problems.
- Works in a safe manner,
- Follows safety rules and safe work practices.
- Uses safety equipment as required.
- Conducts minor maintenance on refuse vehicles.
- Cleans illegal dump sites.
- Picks up trash on road sides and drains.
- Performs janitorial and maintenance duties,
- Performs related duties as required.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) First School Leaving Certificate.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to be courteous of fellow employees, citizens, and businesses while performing duties.
Mental & Physical:
- Ability to understand, follow and/or provide verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry moderately heavy and heavy containers and debris frequently.
- Work requires continued walking, stooping, standing, and some climbing.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable and punctual attendance.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CV's stating their resident address to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or
Application can also be dropped in Local Government Offices across Lagos State
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- City Adviser, Lagos at C40 Cities
- Auxiliary & Registered Nurses at Find a Househelp
- Marketers at Topwash Nigeria Limited