Jobs in an Environmental Sanitation Firm
Posted on: 5 May, 2016
Deadline: 17 May, 2016
View Jobs in Janitorial Services / Environment
View Jobs posted same day
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
An Environmental Sanitation firm located in Lagos State, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
- Community Sanitation Supervisor must be a local resident of the community, she/he will be responsible for all the companies activities related to maintaining the cleanliness of that specific community.
- He/She is responsible for day-to-day activities of his or her unit.
- Motivates and develops Sanitation officers to achieve outstanding sanitation results.
- Reports to the Area Sanitation Manager.
- Design and oversee implementation of community sanitation programs
- Collaborate with other sanitation supervisors to develop program design and to ensure a continuous learning and improvement process
- Identify appropriate sanitation products, build and manage partnerships with suppliers and implementation partners
- Educate Community on companys sanitation activities within the community
- Laise with local Authorities
- Participate in hiring, training, and building capacity of community sanitation officers
- Support Sanitation Area Managers in oversight and management of the sanitation program
- Conduct regular research and stay current on Environmental Management, especially sanitation programs
- Coordinate with Development team to create sanitation proposals, budgets, and reports
- Regular collaboration and idea generation within the Programs department
- Ensure that sanitation program information is accurate and up to date in company’s database
- Represent Company’s at relevant conferences and events
- B.Sc or equivalent with a minimum of 1-3 years pest qualification experience.
- Experience and knowledge In sanitation operations, procedures and program standards,
- Excellent Computers Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Report Writing Skills
- Ability to Multi Task
- Ability to work Under Pressure
- Strong Quantitative skills,
- Ability to think Outside the box
- Self Starter
go to method of application »
- The Area Manager must be a local resident of the community.
- He/She will be responsible for all the companies activities related to maintaining the cleanliness of that specific community.
- He/She is responsible for day to-day activities of his/her unit.
- Motivates and develops sanitation staff to achieve outstanding sanitation results.
- Reports to the District Operations Manager and guides community sanitation supervisors.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to sanitation supervisors monitor employee performance and coordinate solid waste activities and projects.
- Attends and participates in various meetings and responds to public concerns and questions regarding assigned divisions and to promote or seek input on proposed programs and needs.
- Responds to and investigates problems and complaints received and ensure resolution, Ensures solid waste operations and facilities are compliant with state regulations.
- Oversees the monitoring, maintenance, repair of facilities, vehicles, toots, machinery and equipment according to specifications.
- Recommends replacement and acquisition needs.
- Assists in the preparation of bid specifications and budget creation, assists in monitoring budget activity.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as required.
- Makes recommendations for personnel issues such as hiring, training
- B.Sc or equivalent with 3 - 5 years post qualification experience
- Proven leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience and Knowledge in sanitation operations, procedures and program standards
- Familiarity with environmental standards and compliance requirements
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Customer relations and service techniques
- Familiarity with hazards and safety practices in area of assignment
- Ability to develop objectives, policies and procedures for maintenance of sanitation
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in normal day - to - day operations.
- Ability to prepare dear and concise reports and memos Excellent record keeping
go to method of application »
- The Community Sanitation Officer is a local resident of the community who will be responsible for all the companies activities related to maintaining the cleanliness of that specific community.
- The CSO motivates and develops Sanitation staff to achieve outstanding sanitation results.
- Reports to the Operations Manager and receives direction concerning sanitation activities
- Perform daily sanitation of all roads, drains in the community.
- Promotes a safe work environment through knowledge of the sanitation program and commitment to a safe work environment for all.
- Ensures that staff are informed of corporate safety requirements and that safety is a priority in day to day functions.
- Directs and coordinates all daily sanitation activities within the community and surrounding environs.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining a supply of cleaning equipment necessary for the operations and In compliance with statutory regulations.
- Manages operations to maintain the highest rating possible on all audits and inspections.
- Develops and Implements new methods, procedures, and systems to improve performance, determine and implement corrective actions,
- Lead, motivate and develop sanitation personnel to achieve outstanding results, Effectively conduct team meetings.
- Provide a satisfying and rewarding work environment for employees.
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or its equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience
- Experience and knowledge in sanitation operations, procedures and program standards.
- A workings knowledge of food technology, food science, microbiology or chemistry required,
- Understanding modes of control of various sanitation chemicals and physical cleaning.
- Leadership competencies that lead and inspire others drives for exceptional results.
- Strong quantitative skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to think critically.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
go to method of application »
- The Community Sanitation Officer I is a local resident of the community who will be responsible for all the companies activities related to maintaining the cleanliness of that specific community.
- Works on the back of a truck and clears refuse on assigned route.
- Manually lifts containers and empties contents into refuse truck.
- Acts as a ground guide and assists in the sale operation & collection of refuse and yard waste materials.
- Operates compactor mechanism on truck by manually pushing lever to start the automatic packing of refuse and/or yard waste.
- Observes pick up area to determine whether area is free of refuse and replaces lid on empty cans.
- Cleans refuse from street where spilling has occurred.
- Operates pickup truck to pick up litter and illegal dump sites as well as delivery of polycarts.
- Washes, sprays, and deodorizes public street trash containers and polycarts.
- Interfaces with citizens in person or over the telephone regarding minor complaints or questions.
- Refers citizens to main office regarding bills, inadequate service, or related problems.
- Works in a safe manner,
- Follows safety rules and safe work practices.
- Uses safety equipment as required.
- Conducts minor maintenance on refuse vehicles.
- Cleans illegal dump sites.
- Picks up trash on road sides and drains.
- Performs janitorial and maintenance duties,
- Performs related duties as required.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) First School Leaving Certificate.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to be courteous of fellow employees, citizens, and businesses while performing duties.
Mental & Physical:
- Ability to understand, follow and/or provide verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry moderately heavy and heavy containers and debris frequently.
- Work requires continued walking, stooping, standing, and some climbing.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable and punctual attendance.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CV's stating their resident address to: email@example.com Or
Application can also be dropped in Local Government Offices across Lagos State
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Compliance Analyst/Admin Officer at Bug Zappers Limited
- Janitor at CleaNeat Integrated Services