Who is MasterCard?
What role do we play in the modern world? Are we an enabler of purchases or a facilitator for transactions? We play a much larger role in the world by enabling those that have no access to financial systems – every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We have the technology, people and Brand to serve modern society . Today, we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless possibilities, priceless possibilities.
Provide"voice of the customer"input to inform product line strategy and product development efforts, along with competitive feedback
Work with the mass & affluent product managers within the consumer team to meet divisional requirements
Develop/ Maintain/ Stengthen relationships with key customers. Support busines development through relevant customer meetings, RFP response support, translate deal-specific needs into product requirements ( where applicable)
Feedback market requirements and impacts of product developments to product management
Responsible for local market MI (data/insights/performance)
Feedback product gaps to product management team
Ensure product integrity adherence
Analyse portfolio in the respective division to identify growth opportunities
Train the broader salesforce on product line attributes to improve salesforce effectiveness
Customize sales material to divisional requirements
Support portfolio optimization efforts with local customers
Aligned with wider market/divisional plans
Own product plans
Identify target customers based on product fit
All about you
Must demonstrate strong influencing and negotiation skills
Demonstrate proven ability to develop and successfully implement , quantifiable business plans
Industry knowledge and networking especially in sales/account teams
Have an entrepreneurial approach and vision
Must understand product offering
Extensive general management experience with a proven ability to influence and motivate others to achieve objectives and to set a strategic vision of Products team across the organization
This role is the primary interface with Customers, industry stakeholders, and Country/Account Managers regarding all matters relating to Franchise Integrity (FI) within the Sub-Sahara Africa (SSA) region.
It manages all aspect of customer fraud engagement in the SSA region, addressing the region’s geographic distribution and diverse cultures, with focus on propagating best practices and timely information that improves MasterCard’s brand position.
• Create and communicate a regional fraud management approach which addresses both FI and SSA region business imperatives in partnership with the region management team.
• Establish and execute effective engagement models and business relationships between and among customers and key industry stakeholders throughout the region which facilitate MasterCard’s positive influence related to stakeholder fraud performance.
• Ensure the delivery of detailed Customer review meetings, Advanced Fraud Management trainings and Global Risk Management Program (GRMP) operational reviews of customers, Payment Facilitators (PF) and service providers (SPs).
• Act as the primary point of contact for Country/Account managers on fraud management topics.
• Support Franchise Integrity colleagues with all non-compliance matters such as SAFE, QMAP, BRAM, and ECP, as well as provide insight and comment on variance requests. Assist with delivering non-compliant assessment communications to customers
• Support internal teams in the identification and sale of Risk Products and Services to customers
• Execute on the MasterCard Safety and Security Strategy in collaboration with other internal stakeholders
•Where relevant and together with Senior Management, represent and voice MasterCard position and the Card Fraud prevention Task Force of the EPC.
• Attend, when required by management, various local/regional fraud risk working group.
• Experience in payments industry fraud risk management demonstrating product and project management experience.
• Experience in Nigeria market preferred, particularly with a bank or a service provider
• Technical aptitude with experience in multiple systems areas/disciplines, preferably including bank cards operation and MasterCard payment systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English with ability to communicate at both business and technical levels. Proven skills communicating with all levels of management, including strong effective presentation skills.
• Effective decision making capability, problem resolution, and thought leadership.
• Demonstrated customer facing experience & skills
• Ability to travel
• Analytic skills & report writing
• Strong project and change management skills. Proficiency in Microsoft applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
• Leadership: takes ownership of fraud related issues to drive and deliver FI goals & objectives
• Collaboration: collaborates effectively by taking ownership for areas of responsibility and works with SSA region leadership team members to achieve common goals. Ensures risks are communicated to region and FI leadership timely; drives problem solving with leadership teams to address challenges
• Execution: drives execution by making thoughtful decisions that take brand, fraud, operations, and legal risks into account in a timely manner, making efficient use of time and incorporating contingencies into planning; follow through on commitments.
• Performance: drives own performance through recognizing personal strengths and challenges and works to expand own capabilities.
• Flexibility: Identifies opportunities to adjust current practices and policies in a thoughtful manner to address new business opportunities; ensures key internal stakeholder agreement to new courses of action in advance of implementation
• Problem solving: Thinks creatively to identify best solutions and own actions to implement same
• Strong Analytic Skills: Ability to analyze all available customer data (fraud, authorization, clearing) to identify area of potential stakeholder improvements. When identified, ability to influence customers to implement appropriate corrective actions in a balanced manner.
Primary Location will be Lagos with regular travel to other SSA markets in West and East Africa.
s relating to Franchise Integrity (FI) within the Sub-Sahara Africa (SSA) region.
Use links below to apply