Current Job Vacancies at MSH Nigeria
Posted on: 11 February, 2016
Deadline: 19 February, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Management Sciences For Health -
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Number of Positions: 22
- Review all household folders currently on the VC program.
- Support CSOs in the re-assessment and enrollment of households
- Support CSOs to develop household and child specific care plans.
- Support CSOs and their volunteers to implement household and VC care plans.
- Support CSOs volunteers to conduct home visits.
- Support CSOs and their volunteers to properly document service provision
- Support CSOs to facilitate Community Quality Improvement Team & Local Government Quality Improvement Team meetings.
- Support CSOs to graduate households eligible for graduation (support CSOs to meet graduation target)
- Support CSOs to step down trainings (SLAs/parenting skills) to community volunteers.
- Support CSOs to provide on-site support to SLA groups across communities.
- Support CSOs in ensuring a functional two way referrals for Community Facility Services vis visa
- Support CSOs to submit quality monthly and quarterly narrative reports.
- Support CSOs to document best practices, innovations and success stories
- The Consultants will be working from the CSOs office and makes weekly visit to state office and when needed.
- A relevant university degree in Social Works, Development Studies and Community Development or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in orphans and vulnerable children programming.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to speak the local language is desirable .
- Excellent computer and analytical skills.
- Good geographical knowledge of the state of interest
- Committed to the principle of neutrality, impartiality and independence while carrying out institutional duties.
- Previous experience of working with a Community Based Organization is an added advantage.
go to method of application »
- The FAA will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of technical efforts and/or field activities by providing logistical support and coordinating programmatic information for the Nigeria project activities.
- She or he will assist technical advisors / specialists and senior managers to coordinate project activities and will assist State Finance & Admin Manager (SFAM) for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- The FAA is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- She or he will be responsible for working with other staff from the headquarters and/ or partner organizations to coordinate technical assistance.
- Be the face of MSH to the outside, offering excellent customer care to our guests, clients and partners physically or through the electronic media.
- Facilitate effective and efficient communication between MSH Staff, partners and clients.
- Manage the front office/desk and provide general administrative support functions including but not limited to: faxing, copying, binding, drafting memos and letters.
- Handle arrangements and assist in the logistics for meetings, retreats, and workshops.
- Provide project support to specific projects.
- Assist with Procurement, preparing Activity Profile, Advance Request, Travel Arrangements etc.
Finance: Provide following accounting and financial support to SFAM:
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Processing payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field.
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks.
- Maintain accounting files.
- Tracking and following up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
- University Degree in Accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School.
- Experience as an Accountant or understanding of key aspects of accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software and basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks).
- Specific qualification in management of a large and busy office
- Familiarity with the PEPFAR or interest in learning about public health issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multitask
- Ability to respond to new challenges in a flexible and thoughtful manner
Method of Application
To apply for this position, check preferred job description for application links.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Management Sciences For Health - MSHSimilar Jobs
- Infection Prevention Officer at Marie Stopes International
- Operations Director at Mercy Corps
- Latest Job Opening at Save the Children
- Jobs at Development Innovations Group (DIG)
- Job Openings at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION)
- Job Opportunity at the AiDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN)
- Fresh Job Vacancies at Mercy Corps
- Administrative & Logistic Vacancy at Solidarites International (SI)