Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
Reporting to: Centre Coordinator
Duration of contract: 2 years (renewable)
Probationary period: 6 months
Qualifications and requirements
• Must have at least GCE O’level /SSCE certificate or higher.
• At least 1-year post-graduation experience working in a similar role [ESSENTIAL]
• Experience of working in a clinical environment [ESSENTIAL]
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel). [ESSENTIAL]
• Excellent client interaction skills (ESSENTIAL)
• Customer focused with good interpersonal skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. [ESSENTIAL]
• Articulate and analytical with attention to detail.(ESSENTIAL) • Passionate about maternal health
The post holder is required to demonstrate: initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development to further MSI’s partnership mission of enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Job Title: Outreach Clinicians (Nurse/Midwife)
Reporting to:Outreach Team Leader
Duration of contract:5 months (renewable)
Probationary period: 2 months
· To give high quality client-focused care in all services rendered to clients.
· To support MSN in its Goal and Objectives where appropriate.
· To support and implement core MSI values within the centre, such as de-medicalization, task shifting, client focus, no blame culture, non-hierarchical management and marketing
· To participate fully in MSN Institutional strengthens and Capacity Building activities where appropriate.
Partnership and network building
· Assist to oversee the work schedules & Strengths of all clinical team working within the centres and outreach.
· Encourage a commitment to accommodating clients' special needs such as flexibility on working hours, strict privacy and confidentiality to generate demand for MSIN services.
· Have a public relations and promotional role with colleagues, NHS and the general public
· Identify appropriate training needs within clinic centre teams and, in consultation with the
· Centre Manager, arrange for appropriate trainings and induction of new teams.
· Timely collate and submit incidence reports to the centre coordinator
· Monitor monthly outreach results and in collaboration with the centre coordinator and make appropriate recommendation to meet set targets.
· Provide core MSIN Clinical services including
· Professional management of client complaints and/or clinical incidences both at the outreach and at the centre
· To work closely with other clinical team members in service delivery especially in delegated areas of duty.
· To promote the concept of family planning through health education.
· To provide high quality family planning counselling and method provision while respecting client’s rights.
· To assist in compilation of data and preparation of reports including reports of serious incidents.
· To assist in keeping the clinical equipment and facilities clean and in good working condition.
· Adequate and timely requisition of items, stock management and record keeping
· To support MSN in achieving its various targets.
· To perform any other duties as may be required by the Line Manager.
Communication and administration
· Keep and manage records of all outreach activities including minutes of teams meetings.
· Ensure formal communications with the various health partners are properly documented
· Follow up on all clients complaints relating to any of the MSIN services and make recommendations.
· Make proper use of available information systems in MSI to facilitate service delivery & trainings
· Assist the Marketing Team with interviews relating to clinical issues to protect MSIN reputation.
· Manage and properly account for all MSIN resources and properties at the outreach
Skills and Experience
Attitude / Motivation:
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 4th September 2015.MSION is an equal opportunities employer.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE / LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager and saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted