Vacancy at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 27 August, 2015
Deadline: 9 September, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
- Management of individual data resulting from Restoring Family Links activities in Nigeria and neighbouring countries, mainly through the ICRC database
- Verifies, inputs and analyses data related to Restoring Family Links activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Organizes and follows up the filing arrangements of general tracing individual files, including the re-arranging of the contents of the filing cabinets when it is necessary
- Handling of incoming / outgoing mails
- Diploma in IT, DB operation, secretariat or accountings
- Two years work experience in a similar field
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; (knowledge of Hausa and French is an asset)
- Good computer skills: knowledge in Excel, Word, if possible PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of Nigerian geography
- Good knowledge of tracing procedures
- Methodical person
- Meticulous and with attention to details
- Capacity to work in a team
- Good inter-personal skills: ability to deal with people respectfully and showing empathy towards others
- Committed to work and able to work under supervision or independently as required
- Able to work under pressure; flexible and open to extra working hours if necessary.
- Capacity to learn and to adapt to new work methods
- Discretion, self-control
- Aptitude for applying and ensuring compliance with ICRC directives and procedures
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 09.09.2015, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Please clearly indicate “Data Entry Operator" as the subject of your application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Vacancy at Solidarities International
- Ongoing Recruitment at FHI 360 (24 Positions)
- Job Opening at The United Nations
- Job Opportunity at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Job Openings at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Communications and Advocacy Manager at IRC - International Rescue Committee
- Advocacy Manager at National Democratic Institute (NDI)
- Job Opening at Creative Associates International