Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
• Create direction and focus for effective operation of the regulatory reporting function of Finance.
• Implement effective risk management processes in the department
• Drive the implementation of best practices in capital management.
• Take responsibility for the completion of all aspects of the regulatory returns.
• Understand the requirements for regulatory reporting for the Bank and keep the bank up to date on regulatory changes.
• Coordinate CBN annual routine examinations.
• Attend to all queries coming from the submitted EFASS returns, and other ad-hoc requests from the regulators.
• Develop a financial risk dashboard and compliance framework for the department.
Key performance measures
• Ensure that all external reporting requirements are timeously met, including preparation of periodic regulatory returns in compliance with CBN/NDIC/FRCN guidelines.
• Ensure that all regulatory ratios are complied with.
• Prompt resolution of all regulatory audit issues.
• Implementation of best practices in capital management.
• Implementation of best practices in risk management.
Purpose of Job
Ensure the availability of treasury cash, reserve and blank forms. Ensure the availability of a fully functional cash service to tellers including the custody and balancing of Vault cash, processing of vault deposits, withdrawal and handling of related reports. Control treasury cash, blank forms, safe custody items and duplicate keys .Understand and manage the risks associated with the custody of these items as well as the changes in the custody of assets through an effective system of controls. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards. Ensure that the correct security procedures are adhered to when cash is moved to agencies and delivered to/collected from Cash Management Unit. Effectively manage cash to ensure vault approved limits are not exceeded.
• Ensure that laid-down instructions for the handling and movement of treasury cash to and from tellers and SBV are adhered to
• Ensure that current stock of blank forms received is recorded and signed for according to laid-down procedures
• Ensure that record keeping is carried out according to laid-down instructions for treasury cash, blank forms and safe custody items
• Ensure that swept deposits are correctly handled in terms of the laid down instructions
• Ensure that all Irregular Items have been handled before the end of the day
Monitoring of cash holdings
• Ensure that cash holdings do not exceed prescribed limits
• Ensure that sufficient cash levels are maintained to meet customer requirements
• Ensure that Auto Bank and Auto Cash terminals are always adequately stocked with cash and stationery
• Maintain close liaison with the Auto Bank Control Center to ensure that equipment problems are dealt with promptly
• Ensure that potential faults that could cause equipment to malfunction are identified and resolved on time
• Ensure that all ATM terminals are kept clean and maintained in good condition.
ATM Cash Management
• Control ATM cash according to laid-down instructions
• Balance cash at the required intervals
• Report and action differences in ATM cash promptly
• Ensure that ATM cash is safeguarded against unnecessary and preventable loss
• Action ATM reports as listed on the Duty List promptly in terms of laid-down instructions
• Reconcile ATM cash daily
• Action Care Suspects accurately and on time, resulting in reduced operating losses
• Follow standardized routine procedures for control purposes
• Draw on experience of branch cash requirements and cyclical impacts on cash resources to plan for fluctuating cash demands and optimize cash holdings
• Plan and execute regular maintenance requirements for ATM terminals, and deal with day to day unexpected interruptions to service in order to maximize productivity
• Ability to attend to customer queries in a timely manner.
• Sound recall of procedures and previous experiences, in order to recognize the appropriate solution to each situation
• Resourceful, finding practical ways to efficiently deal with voluminous workloads, and remain focused on priority issues
• Planning is on a daily to weekly basis within regular activity cycles
• Understand the impact of ATM services provided, the interrelatedness of the services provided to branch staff, and the impact on customers.
• Work within set policy, procedures, system parameters and internal controls. Able to respect authority and take instructions
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.