The candidate will be responsible for effective design, development and implementation of varying web and database applications and support.
- Design, develop, and implement Web Applications
- Applications customization, testing, integration, implementation and support
- Reporting, monitoring applications performance, system analysis and improvements
- Taking ownership of technical issues, and working with our vendors to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- Resolving escalated customer complaints with minimum or no assistance from the manager or team lead
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Strong knowledge of database(Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle) development and administration skills
- Experience in the following software: C/C++ and Crystal Reports
- Knowledge of Windows OS and LINUX/UNIX operating systems
- Knowledge of Microtik router an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of Web services and implementation
- Ability to write and optimize database scripts is a must
- Firm grasp of how the web works, networking, and software products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication (verbal& written) skills
- A good team player
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- A first degree in Science or Engineering related courses with a minimum of 2nd class honors (Upper division), from a reputable university preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in administering and supporting SQL and Web applications, with a proven record of success. Telecoms experience will be an added advantage.