Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
BM’s West Africa Regional Office through its Country Coordination Office located in Abuja, Nigeria, works with 16 partners to implement 25 programmes aimed at improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the country. These programmes cover a variety of areas, including eye health, orthopaedics, special education, prevention of deafness...
Location: Abuja, Nigeria; with travels to project locations
Contract duration: 2 years
Contract type: Full-time
Contract start: As soon as possible
Reports to : The Technical Specialist NTDs
Main objective of the role:
The Programme Officer (PO) – NTDs will support the smooth implementation of NTDs programmes in Nigeria. S/he will ensure NTDs project coordination and implementation. S/he will work in close collaboration with local partners who are implementing the NTDs programmes in Nigeria. S/he will report to the Technical Specialist NTDS to support the development and smooth implementation of all NTDs programs.
1. Main Tasks
Programme Management and Planning
Support the Technical Specialist NTDS in the development of comprehensive NTDS - programmes and projects including the NTDS Concept Note development and the full proposal development to ensure their technical quality
- Support all CBM NTDs programmes by providing effective management and coordination to the programmes to ensure the delivery of programme targets.
- Coordinate all NTDS partner related activities through working with different implementing partners to ensure adherence to work plans and budget for the achievement of planned project outputs.
- Ensure strong collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including the government
- Facilitate joint meetings, workshops and activities among partners and stakeholders
- Coordinate review of programme objectives to ensure that it is in line with donor strategy.
- Support partner teams to identify and develop innovative approaches for the delivery of an NTDs programme in the Nigeria.
- Coordinate the preparation of activity related reports as well as quarterly and annual reports to CBM/donors as may be required.
- Provide support and input into all new NTDs projects & budgets that are developed in Nigeria, ensuring that project design is in line with good practice and CBM technical guidelines
- Assist the Technical Specialist NTDS in identifying suitable partners in the NTDs programmes field and actively participating in partner assessments, in particular technical assessments
- Collaborating together with the Technical Specialist NTDS, in ensuring the SMART objectives and indicators in the area of NTD programmes for new projects are achieved.
- Contributing to the alignment of CBM Nigeria NTDs plan to national priorities and CBM’s NTDS Initiative plan.
- Follow up on updates on risk assessment (and risk management)
- Active involvement in cluster meetings and activities
- Networking among NTDs NGDO partners in the country
Programme Monitoring and Evaluation
- Provide monitoring support to the partners in data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Support the Technical Specialist NTDS in monitoring programme implementation in Nigeria.
- Conduct periodic programme visits and follow up on recommendations and corrective measures.
- Provide support to implementing partners during targeted outreach activities and monitoring visits to project facilities.
- Support in reviewing the evidence provided by partners for the delivery of activities and ensure proper reporting system and records are kept in place.
- Monitoring / progress reporting, according to donor’s requirements
- Prepare project briefs, reports and presentations as required
- The position will be responsible for guiding the overall Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Strategy and use of M&E methodology necessary for attaining the project goals.
- Ensure the integration/use of lessons learnt from projects
- Ensure timely submission of project briefs, quarterly and annual reports as required.
Main work package with regard to implementing NTDs partners
- Provide support to partners and ensuring good understanding of the NTDS standards
- Support the Technical Specialist NTDS in technical assessments to the specific NTDS projects
- Follow up on the recommendations in the action plan.
- Provide support in planning capacity development to partners to ensure quality.
- Ensure sharing of lessons learned and promote best practices with CBM and partner’s organizations;
- Follow up on timely statistics submission from NTDS partners in Nigeria
- Support the Technical Specialist NTDS to review six-monthly Cataract Surgical Outcome reports from NTDS partners and give feedback where necessary
- Support CBM's NTDS-partners to produce quality reports and review them before submission to CBM offices and the government.
Travel activities ❒ yes
2. Requirements - i.e. education, professional experience, languages, methods, competencies, personality traits…
Education, Knowledge, and Professional Experience
- Relevant academic degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, or related disciplines (A post-graduate degree will be an advantage).
- At least 3 years’ related professional experience in programme / project management, ideally in the INGO/Development sector.
- Technical knowledge of NTDs in Nigeria.
- Understanding of Disability Inclusive Development
- Experience in working with partner groups will be an added advantage
- Understanding of the health system in Nigeria.
- Strong knowledge on safeguarding of children and adults-at-risk;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation and research.
- Have a good understanding of project cycle and advocacy initiatives
- English Professional proficiency
- Fluent speaking in local languages…………. Hausa Language is an advantage
Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint…) and good report writing skills
- Experience in accompanying implementing partners
- Ability to understand and work with project budgets, forecasts, and reports
- Programme management and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of light to moderately complex projects.
- Identification with Christian values and the mandate of the CBM
- Excellent networking and advocacy skills.
- Ability to travel regularly to project sites
- Good interpersonal and communication skills verbally and in writing
- Excellent analytical skills
- People management skills with a strong understanding of culturally and ethnically sensitive issues.