Travel requirement: Up to 50%
The Program Associate will work as the project or work stream lead under the supervision of the Senior Associate. He/she will provide technical leadership in the development of evidence-based strategies and in the implementation of these strategies towards achieving the project objectives. Also, he/she will ensure the timely achievement of the project deliverables and milestones and will be responsible for providing project updates to the client/donor.
- Oversee project design and planning, and lead the development of project work plans with clear timelines and deliverables.
- Facilitate project inception meetings with key stakeholders to align on project objectives, scope, and implementation timelines and routine project check-in meetings to provide updates to client/donor.
- Provide technical leadership in the development of project execution approaches and tools.
- Provide on-the-job mentoring to the project team.
- Delegate roles/tasks to teammates and provide technical oversight to ensure timely achievement of project deliverables
- Provide technical leadership to the team on the analysis of project data and in monitoring and evaluation of the project activities outlining insights to optimize performance
- Oversee the development and submission of project reports in line with client/donor requirements and facilitate project closeout.
- Lead the development and submission of grant applications and technical response to RFPs or expression of interest (EOIs)
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions to pool ideas for developing proposals.
- Develop networks and partnerships to promote an understanding of the company’s work and ensure the sustainability of the company’s operations.
- Develop the capacity of the team on responding to RFPs and/or developing proposals.
- Provide support to senior management as needed, with brand representation and management, staff capacity development, and general leadership and oversight
Leadership development and performance management
i. Participate in the company’s problem-solving, ideation, and capacity building sessions including new staff on boarding and staff mentoring program
ii. Participate in the company’s periodic performance reviews and provide feedback to team members for performance improvement as applicable
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Required: Bachelor’s degree (First- or second-class upper) from a recognized university with at least 3 years of professional experience in the health or development sector; or
- Desirable: Master’s degree in Public health, Health financing, Health Economics, Health Policy and Management, Health Systems Strengthening, Health Management/Administration, International Development, Business Administration, or related fields with at least 3 years of progressive relevant experience
- Management consulting experience is an advantage
- Must be a results-oriented individual with experience in developing and tracking self, clients, and team with clear KPIs.
- Must possess strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and thought-leadership abilities
- Reliable relationship and stakeholder manager, able to promote team building and collaboration
- Outstanding quantitative, qualitative, statistical analysis, data synthesis, and report writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong team working and interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency with Ms. Office suite
- Fast learner, open to learning and taking feedback from peers, subordinates, and supervisors
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to travel, work schedule, and assignments
For performance management and accountability, the Program Associate will work with the Program Associate or Senior Associate (as appropriate) to develop and agree on the program-specific scope of work, results from the framework, work plan, and deliverables. These would inform the development of program-specific KPIs to be tracked, along with the technical responsibilities of the Program Analyst for performance review and performance improvement