Resumption availability: Immediately
GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements its program through revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people especially in the face of disaster or crises. GPON is presently operating in the North-eastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 1,000,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services, GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services.
For the next twelve months, GPON shall be implementing a CPiE project with funding support from the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), in Maiduguri, Mafa, Jere, Damboa, Dikwa, Bama, Banki, Ngala and Konduga LGAs of Borno state. This is a one-year project with an option to extend it. As a result, we are looking for people with the highest level of honesty and professionalism who share our humanitarian values for the above positions.
Dimensions of the Role
- Under the supervision of the MEAL coordinator and across, the M&E officer will support the establishment and day-to-day implementation of the project Monitoring system, evaluations, and data analysis and interpretation for learning of the project.
- The post holder will interface and support programme team members and programme coordination as well as government actors and local partners regarding monitoring, evaluation, research and learning.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organizational skills along with the ability to analyze and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders.
- This role also requires the capacity to support creatively methods for ensuring high levels of engagement of diverse children/adolescents from marginalized groups in M&E processes. This requires using creativity to support the design studies and data collection tools that are as child-friendly as possible, including adolescents from low-income and low literacy settings.
In collaboration with theMEAL coordinator, Project coordinator and Response manager and other relevant staff, the M&E officer will:
- Support the development and implementation of program M&E framework to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, assessments, and all monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Contribute to the monthly and quarterly project target review sessions.
- Support the development of data flow pattern for project that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Report results of M&E activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate.
- Support leadership at project location level on M&E to ensure the program technical integrity and achievement of program goal and corresponding objectives and targets
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the field team and the M&E coordinator, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Support efforts at project location to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making.
- Lead efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Support targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audit
- Support field level partners staff, and enumerators in designing, developing and deploying tools for community-based selection criteria for the selection of beneficiaries.
- Support M&E capacity-strengthening activities with project staff and implementing partners, including on subjects such as child safeguarding in data collection and ethical considerations of collecting data with children.
- Ensures that GPON policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and GPON’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree and minimum of 2 years’ work experience in monitoring and evaluating programs with an organization that has a robust M&E component.
- Prior experience with Plan International or related non-governmental organization is preferred.
- Experience in developing child-friendly M&E systems/tools or doing research with children is a strong asset.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Strong understanding of gender transformative data collection and measurement, M&E policy and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Openness or capacity to think creatively to design child-friendly studies and data collection tools which are age-appropriate, safe and ethical for children.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse national and international teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyse data using one or more statistical software packages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (Excel/Word document)
- Ability to travel nationally
Note: GPON and GPON workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in GPON Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. Following these values, GPON operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons
GPON is an Equal Opportunity Employer GPON considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.