The AVP Business Development’s primary role is to drive growth for new clients, the Business Development team and the Firm.
Focusing on Accounts, the AVP conducts rigorous account planning/hunting & account management and works to drive relationships across the client’s organization. This includes leveraging the Firm’s key campaigns/big bets and cross-functional services for new business opportunities within the account. The AVP is accountable for revenue results. The ideal candidate should have a successful track record for hunting and developing relationships at the “C” suite and cultivate excellent relationships with new prospects and existing customers. Should also have a good understanding of the entire tendering process.
Other areas of specialties would include:
Sales/ Business Development Strategy
Go-to-market strategy, Client/Market categorization as per Product & Service offering (for individuals/HNIs & businesses), Pre-sales, Sales operations management
Strategy Execution road map, Budget allocation, Portfolio planning and management
Strong Business Acumen
Focus on Direct & Strategic Sales management
Consumer & Market Insight
Strong grasp on market, tracking domestic/global trends affecting economy & business environment
People-first orientation, focus on people development & look for every opportunity to continue to develop yourself while also actively contribute to mentoring the team
Ability to Motivate
Strong work ethics, approachable, trusted & practical
- Responsible for business development/pursuit process and will be a lead in formulating and executing the account strategy/strategies.
- Create client specific solutions to meet specific business needs by integrating cross Market Segments/Service Line (Audit, Tax, Transaction and Advisory) solution offering of EY.
- Work with the Service Line Pursuit Groups to oversee the development of proposals and direct the account coordinators on their assigned accounts
- Works with the Global Client Service Partner and participate throughout the Client and Engagement life cycle.
- Conduct the following client facing activities:
- Initiate, build and sustain client relationships
- Negotiate and participate in pricing strategy
- Resolve concerns and ensure client satisfaction
- Oversee delivery and continued relationships with clients.
- Drive projects with clients while managing the budget, timelines and quality of end deliverables.
- Anticipate clients’ needs well beyond current engagements, adding value to the clients’ long term business. Conduct issue based sales.
- Provide clients with advice on effective cost management, and rationalize application portfolios. Act as a critical sounding board for clients on making investment decisions
- Manage and collaborate with the internal partners and the business heads to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
- Build strong global and cross border relationships. Identify opportunities and encourage sector teams to understand and achieve business goals.
- Leadership experience in managing, monitoring and motivating sales teams. Build high performance teams.
- Solid understanding of the marketplace/industry, and of competitive and account information
- Ability to team with and influence technical partners, to formulate the best strategy to serve the client. Skillful at using influencing and communication skills, to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients
- Proficient at establishing procedures to monitor business development progress, and addressing any gaps. Familiarity with trends and issues that create opportunities to add value to the client's business
- Demonstrated focus on clients and their needs. Ability to build and sustain productive client relationships, and deliver quality service and high satisfaction
- Ability to create a good first impression, command attention and respect, with an air of confidence. Comfortable at dealing with clients and colleagues at the highest levels. Confident at handling disappointment and/or rejection, while maintaining effectiveness
- Comfortable working within a matrix organization, balancing the needs of the client against those of EY. Confident at working independently, and managing multiple priorities concurrently
- Competent at identifying appropriate product/service offerings to meet t the client's needs
- A minimum of 12+ years of business development experience in the professional services and/or solutions arena
- A proven record of selling complex services and solutions at the “C” level of Blue-chip companies and success in a solutions-oriented, professional services environment. Team selling experience
- Good Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred