United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
In 2005, UBA was born through one of the biggest mergers on the African continent. capital markets with the business combination with Standard Trust Bank (STB) Plc. From the merger UBA has emerged as a Pan-African provides a full range of solutions and services that span the full value chain from retail to corporate. UBA is also the acclaimed leader in electronic payments in the sub-region.
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Reference No: HRBPNT01
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Accounting, Operations
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
Role and Responsibilities
- Represent the bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers and co-workers
- To accept retail and/or commercial deposits, loan payments, process checking and savings withdrawals
- Verify and receive loan and utility bills payments.
- Time-stamp(Validate) and signature-verify all customers’ requests and refer those that require call-back/status approval to supervisor for action
- Reconciles cash drawer by proving cash transactions; counting and packaging the money, turning in excess cash and mutilated currency to head teller; maintaining supply of cash and currency
- Ensure proper and accurate balancing of cash transactions on a daily basis and ensure there is no pending transaction left on the system before closing for the day.
- Promote the bank’s products and services by cross-selling, ascertaining customers need and directing customers to the customer relationship officers or officers concerned.
- Escalate issues on cash shortage, overpayment, loss and theft.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained
- Comply with all bank and regulatory body policies, procedures and regulations
- Answer customer inquiries and refers customers to the proper service area for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line
- Other duties as assigned by the Cash Officer
- Minimum Educational level- OND in any related discipline
- Previous teller experience preferred but not required.
- Minimum experience- NIL
- Banking operations, policies and procedures
- Familiar with retail banking regulations and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each
- Basic Accounting and Mathematical skills
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees:
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Good Numerical skills
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed
- Fast and error free processing
- Ability to be calm under pressure
- Good team player
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale