Deputy National Programme Manager at Chemonics International
Posted on: 4 September, 2019
Deadline: 18 September, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Chemonics International
Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
Deputy National Programme Manager
Job Description/Program Summary
- Chemonics seeks a deputy national programme manager for an anticipated multi-year, DFID-funded education programme in Nigeria. The programme will focus on supporting improved learning for an estimated 1.5 million children in three states in northern Nigeria and support state and non-state systems benefitting 8,000,000 children nationally.
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Drive the daily technical implementation of the programme for activities focused on curriculum development, governance systems, policy design, and other areas, adjusting approaches as implementation realities dictate
- Oversee and review technical products and deliverables
- Support the national programme manager in the daily management of the programme, including managing relationships with DFID, other donor-funded programmes, and the Nigerian government
- Support the national programme manager in representing the programme to the Nigerian government, stakeholders, and public and private sector counterparts
- Perform at a senior management level, including managing staff in a matrixed system with a focus on adaptive management
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Social Science, International Development, or a related discipline is required; advanced degree in education or another relevant discipline is preferred
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience managing large (£15m or above), complex education projects in developing countries, including a minimum of two years as deputy team leader or team leader
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience in all programme output areas, including teaching and learning, governance of state and non-state systems, use of evidence, and strategic communications
- Experience leading large teams and managing programs that achieve results, with a focus on adaptive management
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from Chemonics International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Lead at Chemonics International
- Senior Operational and Finance Manager at Chemonics International
- National Program Manager at Chemonics International
- Know More About Chemonics InternationalSimilar Jobs
- M&E Consultant at Discovery Cycle Professionals
- Education Specialist at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
- Programme Development Coordinator at International Organization for Migration - IOM
- Knowledge Management and Learning, M&E and Communications Manager at CARE
- Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at SOS Children Villages
- Policy & Advocacy Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Youth Development Officer at SOS Children Villages
- Protection Associate at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)