Legal Adviser at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
Posted on: 6 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
CGC Nigeria Limited (China Geo-engineering Company), a Chinese company with its headquarter in Abuja is a subsidiary of CGCOC GROUP CO., LTD. in mainland China. Our company CGC Nigeria Limited is a reputable Engineering Management and construction company at the forefront of construction of roads, bridges and other civil infrastructures in Nigeria.
- We are recruiting Legal Adviser who will be responsible for preventing the company from any legal implications or consequences.
- In addition, providing legal assistance, organizing and completing various legal activities, creating legal documents and advising the company on all relevant legal issues.
- He /she will also be responsible for providing support in discrete legal issues by advising the organization, drafting undertakings and structuring remedies for the relevant issues.
- The ideal candidate will be able to take correct decisions and provide the necessary professional support the company needs on legal related issues. He or she should be able to formulate the best possible legal solution after carrying out a detailed analysis of the legal problem at hand (if any).
- Providing commercially sensible and cost effective legal advice for construction contract management;
- Conducting legal analysis and research on various legal matters;
- Drafting basic legal documents for construction projects;
- Ensuring compliance to construction laws and regulations;
- Providing arbitration, litigation and mediation support;
- Overseeing health, safety and injury claims and offering advice on court cases;
- Drafting documents, letters and contracts;
- Advice on corporate management strategies;
- Prevent the company from legal implications or consequences;
- Acting on behalf of clients in disputes, if the need be;
- Drafting relevant regulations and rules;
- Handling and updating of corporate documents;
- Providing professional legal advice and legal knowledge training for the company;
- Handling legal disputes and litigation, local employee labour disputes, and disputes between the company and the outside.
Experience and Qualification
- Degree or LLB
- LLM will be an added advantage
- 2+ years of cognate post qualification experience
- Excellent litigation, legal documentation, and regulatory compliance skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Advanced computer literacy skills
- Extremely attentive to accuracy and details, highly organised with ability to work well under pressure regarding deadlines, workload and unexpected developments
- Ability and flexibility to travel and respond to a range of legal queries on project sites
- Working knowledge of the Construction industry. Previous working knowledge in a Chinese Construction company will be an added advantage
- Excellent Corporate Governance and Compliance Management, Legal Advisory Services, communication, Negotiation and Writing skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Civil Engineer (Structural) at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Health, Environment, Safety and Security Manager at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Public Relations Officer at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Human Resource and Admin Officer at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Material Secretary at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Assistant Equipment Supervisor at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- HSE Assistant at CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)
- Know More About CGC Nigeria Limited (CGC)Similar Jobs
- Legal/Liaison Officer at Fosad Consulting
- Legal Advisor at Sellafield Energy
- GBV Assistant at CARE
- Team Lead - Legal/HR at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Commercial Legal Manager at Guinness Nigeria Plc
- Lawyer at CFL Group
- Chief Legal Officer at The African Petroleum Producers' Organization (APPO)
- Legal Manager at CIG Motor Ltd