- Study at London’s Top University - MDX. Tuition from just $5000 and 4 campuses. Learn more
Midwife at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Posted on: 30 May, 2019
Deadline: 5 June, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
Location: Ngala, Borno
Type of Contract: 3 months fixed term
Place of Recruitment: Maiduguri
Deadline for the applications: June 5th 2019 at 12h00
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MSF obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and newborn caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications.
- Ensuring the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC 1 and CEmONC 2), neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
- Where PMTCT is implemented, ensuring implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling
- Collaborating with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
- Assessing the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Ensuring hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
- Performing cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Guaranteeing a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Properly following up all newborn babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensuring patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Supervising that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with MSF protocols , as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card, etc
- Participating in the organisation of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor. Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team (specially identifying risk cases)
- Essential midwifery qualification or specialization. Desired Bachelor in Midwifery
- Essential working experience of at least two years in midwife activities related jobs
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as “Midwife Ngala’’.
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- Recent Jobs from Medecins Sans Frontieres
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Nurse at Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Know More About Medecins Sans FrontieresSimilar Jobs
- Surveillance Nutrition Officer at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Junior Medical Doctor at Karferry Limited
- Programs Manager (Capacity Building/Emergency Response) at Doctors On Call Health Support Initiative
- Monitoring,Evaluation and Documentation Officer at Centre for Communication and Social Impact
- Laboratory Manager at Inter-Arc Consultants Limited
- Qualified Nurse/Experienced Midwife at Beacongate Limited
- Senior Medical Officer at Beacongate Limited
- Laboratory Scientist at Beacongate Limited