Project Manager at Ohonyeta Care Givers (OCAG)
Posted on: 21 May, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Ohonyeta Care Givers (OCAG)
Ohonyeta Care Givers (OCAG) is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) established in 1997 in Otukpo, Benue State of Nigeria to address the socio-economic and health concerns of the people of Benue and other poor communities in Nigeria.
Ohonyeta which means 'Saviour' in Idoma, is the brain child of Dr. Esther Oigoga. She is passionate about addressing the challenges of women and children in and around Otukpo. She shared this vision with a group of selfless individuals and thus, Ohonyeta Care Givers was born. After identifying a strong link between poverty and health, the need to fight poverty and improve health, particularly among the HIV infected men, women and orphaned and vulnerable children was identified. OCAG then provided home based care services, counselling services, treatment of minor ailments, home visits and referrals out of a car garage office. That notwithstanding the founders continued to provide the services with diligence and commitment.
- The role is responsible for delivery of the PICH project; planning for activities, finalization of programme reports and ensuring PICH activities are implemented in accordance with agreed standards and budgets.
- S/he will work in close collaboration and coordination with the State Ministry of Health and Christian Aid State Programme Coordinator.
- The role will be responsible for timely project delivery, within approved budget and in compliance with standard protocols, policies and guidelines as prescribed by the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH).
- The role will build and manage strong relationships developed through effective communication between organization, her partners (donors and funders) and other stakeholders in the state.
- The role will ensure Compliance with financial policies and procedures including reporting requirements and contribution made to other team members in the development and implementation of community based volunteers’ capacity development and training.
- The role will ensure efficient management of all project activities to ensure effective service delivery in the supported communities and health facilities through availability of health commodities, proper utilization and timely reporting.
- The role will line manage project officers, logistics officer and M&E Officer.
- Degree in Basic Health or any related field. S/he must have at least 3 years’ experience of working with an indigenous or international NGO and strengthening health system.
- Extensive understanding of the national response to health care delivery and broader health policies, integrated community case management of childhood illnesses and maternal health.
- Knowledge and competency in gender-sensitive and inclusive programming
- Experience of managing donor-funded projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate project progress reports to a wide audience
- English fluency and ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Local language knowledge a plus.
- Familiarity with PICH national guidelines desirable.
- Skills and experience in state and local advocacy and lobbying processes
- Familiarity with Donor and reporting requirements
- Experience working with government institutions and agencies in Nigeria
- Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and work well in a team
Method of Application
Applicants should send CVs to email@example.com
- Know More About Ohonyeta Care Givers (OCAG)Similar Jobs
- Project Manager at Colton Industries
- Project Manager at APM Terminals
- Project Officer at Morris Royal Limited
- Project Manager - Installation at GE - General Electric
- Manager, Project Management Office at Bridge International Academies
- Software Project Manager at eHealth4everyone
- Project Director at Save The Children
- Project Manager at Fadac Resources