The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading African reinsurance company with headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re has six regional offices: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius). The Corporation equally has two subsidiaries: African Reinsurance Corporation South Africa Ltd in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful in Cairo (Egypt) and one Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).Note: Africa Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers a good working environment commensurate with international standards.
Bilingual (French & English) Senior Internal Auditor
- Reporting directly to the Director, Internal Audit, s/he will actively contribute to prepare audit reports which give assurance to management on the effectiveness and adequacy of the internal controls, confirm compliance with management procedures/policies and ascertain the accuracy of accounting reports
The duties of the Bilingual (French & English), Senior Internal Auditor comprise amongst others:
- Evaluate and examine policies and procedures and systems in place and ensure that these are documented.
- Determine and set benchmark standards with functional heads to attain operational efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with the Corporation’s internal control policies and procedures
- Carry out reviews in all business units and central departments.
- Evaluate the reliability and integrity of information and ensure the efficient use of resources
- Prepare audit report and make recommendations to management on control weaknesses identified, share best practices and recommend improvements.
- Follow-up on the progress of implementation of recommendations and directions.
- Carry out oversight of the information systems and procedures.
- Carry out special investigations upon request by management.
- Perform other job-related duties assigned.
- Conduct audits of IT systems, applications and IT processes. Provide Management with guidance on IT risk management matters, particularly on application and infrastructure security.
- Assist in developing the IT Risk Assessment including identifying areas where internal audit should focus, and Management should consider additional investment
- Attending to any other duty as may be assigned by his supervisor and/or the Corporation’s executive management from time to time.
Main Competencies Required for this Position:
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of Audit in the re/insurance industry
- Working knowledge in Insurance and Reinsurance
- Working knowledge of the classes of business (underwriting and claims)
- Detailed ICT technical skills and experience at both academic and practical level
- Ability to carry out audit reviews with minimum supervision and deliver quality audit reports
- Ability to apply various audit and investigation techniques.
- Capacity for high level communication with senior management and staff.
- Resilience in the face of pressure from Auditees during audit assignments
- Proactivity and good initiatives geared towards minimizing wastage, leakage of revenues, material error, fraud or system failures, etc.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and across group operations
- Strong team player and proven managerial skills/experience;
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical, planning and reporting skills;
- Capacity for synthesizing and reasoning;
- Unquestionable integrity and proven sense of responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure and Good time management with ability to timely deliver audit assignments.
- Excellent computer skills required in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Qualifications And Professional Experience:
Applicants shall be holders of:
- Bachelor in Computer Science (or equivalent) or in Engineering (in relevant discipline) plus Masters or equivalent, and post-graduate in related fields from a recognized university, plus 7 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience in the financial services sector, international finance institutions, IT and/or IT Audits (Big 4 experience preferred)
- Bachelor in Computer Science (or equivalent) or in Engineering (in relevant discipline), from a recognized university plus full Professional qualifications , plus 7 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience in the financial services sector, international finance institutions, IT and/or IT Audits (Big 4 experience preferred)
- Bachelor in Computer Science (or equivalent) or in Engineering (in relevant discipline) from a recognized university plus 11 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience in the financial services sector, international finance institutions, IT and/or IT Audits (Big 4 experience preferred).
- Professional membership of an internally recognized associations will be an added value
- Relevant work experience in an Audit Firm (Big4 experience preferred) at similar level is required.
- Prior experience in IT Governance and/or IT Audit, internal audit or external auditing firm (Big 4 experience preferred)
- Experience with IT Operations in Financial Services or Insurance/Reinsurance environment (highly desirable)
- Progressive achievement in one or more of the traditional IT disciplines: applications, operations and/or infrastructure (highly desirable)
- Applicants must also be: Fluency in French and excellent working knowledge of English
Salary & Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Professional Staff Grade Level
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing Allowance
- Home leave to country of origin every year paid by the employer (if non-national) ;
- Duty Post Differential (Cost of Living Allowance), that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation, paid in local currency.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.