ALIMA’s aim since its creation in 2009 is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research.
By joining us, you will integrate a young and dynamic organization and contribute to its associative development as well as its operational impact on the field. As Head of Mission, you will have the opportunity to manage challenging and innovative medical programs in the line of ALIMA’s values and objectives while bringing your humanitarian experience.
Since its creation, the association and its partners have successfully developed in line with the increase in humanitarian medical needs, especially in Western and Central Africa: 650,000 patients treated in 2015 including over 48,000 hospitalizations, new governance between the partners of the medical NGO platform in the Sahel, new innovative approaches and operational research projects. With operations in Eleven countries, 17 projects + 7 research projects, over 1,300 employees and a budget of €35 million in 2016, ALIMA is a dynamic NGO, effectively deploying medical aid for the most vulnerable.
Human Resources Supervisor
Mission Location: BAGA (Borno State)
LINE MANAGER: HUMAN RESOURCES CO-ORDINATOR
The HR Supervisor closely working with the Human Resources Manager will support the Operations to manage, develop and administer policies and programs covering several but not limited to the following: recruitment, salary administration, training, employee relations, and benefits.
H/She will work closely with the Human Resources Manager to develop plans and strategies to meet organizational requirements and ensure the program policies and practices comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Additionally, H/She will be responsible for recording and updating the training, motivation, and evaluation of employees to meet ALIMA Nigeria’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Ensure proper contract administration for all staff
- Ensure that contracts and contract amendments are processed in a timely manner, communicated, and documented properly and updated from HOMER.
- Ensure that administrative processes for employee separations are followed properly, and that necessary documentation and information is recorded for the processing of end of contracts
- Oversee the processing of the monthly payroll
- Update the payroll database regularly throughout the month, ensuring that all additions, deletions and changes are recorded completely and accurately and that supporting documentation is filed.
- Submit the payroll database to the HR Manager on monthly basis.
- Ensure that all payroll supporting documentation is received from all the base and filed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that signed time sheets and pay slips are received, tracked and filed correctly for all staff.
- Support the HR Manager on pension and salary account Number, ensuring that the necessary administrative follow up is done.
- Liaise with logistics to share information as required – movement planning, etc.
- Provide administrative support to HR Manager.
- Ensure consistency in the filing system of project’s HR Documents (Electonics and hard Copy).
- Coordinate with the HR manager for induction for all new staff.
- Support the HR team in various administrative tasks
- General clerical duties including photocopying and mailing
- Retrieve documents from filing system
- Prepare documents including correspondence, services notes, memos and emails
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters and forms
- First Degree in Law, Business Administration or Social Sciences. A Master’s Degree in Administration / Human Resources and or a professional HR certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in Administration/Human resource management, preferably in an International Organization.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary human resource issues and best practices.
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and ability to understand and interpret legislative and policy issues.
- Must be familiar with participatory approach to developing HR Processes and Systems.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Use of HOMERE Software is an Asset.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills as well as good judgment and vision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated proactive leadership ability,
- Diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in diverse environments and Calmness under pressure
- Respect the importance of confidentiality, as you will be dealing with employees' personal details
- Must possess the ability to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Must be fair and objective in handling situations related to employee relations
- Good planning, monitoring and organizing skills and experience
- Results-oriented and ability to work with minimum supervision
Contract term: contract under Nigerian law, 6 months’ renewable.
Salary: LEVEL 6
Method of Application
Documents to be sent: To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference “ HR Supervisor – Askira-Uba ” in the subject line.