UNHCR was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Human Resources Associate
Vacancy Notice No: 2018/VA/070
Position number: N/A
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment (replacement capacity)
Duration of Contract: Three Months (with possible extension)
Duty Stations: Abuja
Supervisor: Associate HR Officer
Proposed Starting: ASAP
Date of Issue: 03 December 2018
Deadline for Applications: 09 December 2018
- Under the supervision of the Associate Human Resources Officer, the Human Resources Associate will be assisting in personnel administration and other HR related matters of staff under area of
- responsibility (AOR) and will be carrying out the following tasks:
- Prepare HR related documents for the annual operations programme review. Provide input in the review of the training needs of the staff, making appropriate proposals to meet
- identified needs.
- Advise staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- Participate in the recruitment of local staff including the drafting of vacancy notices and arranging for typing, driving and/or other tests on the required skills. Draft submissions for
- the review by the local Assignments Committee (AC).
- Administer recruitment, assignment and reassignment of local staff in the AOR, in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and procedures. Update personnel records in the office,
- including MSRP entries into HR module where this activity has been rolled out from PAPS to the respective office.
- Assist and coach administrative staff performing personnel administration related
- functions, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, submission of completed forms and related
- documents to headquarters, arrangements for their onward travel to the field office, if applicable.
- Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff. Provide administrative support to staff and dependants in case of medical evacuations.
- Maintain liaison with the counterparts at support sections and divisions at headquarters, as well as at the respective Bureau, on matters related to the personnel administration
- support, medical and other issues of staff welfare and safety.
- Perform other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Office Management, Human Resources Management or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of previous relevant professional experience.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to
- provision of support services in an international organization.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of other UN language(s).
- Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP HR module, as well as with MSRP Financials and Focus.
Method of Application
KINDLY TAKE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS ON TEMPORARY APPOINTMENT (REPLACEMENT CAPACITY ONLY)
Interested candidates should apply by clicking HERE to create a profile before applying through the following link:
HR Associate – G6 (best viewed on Google Chrome)
The UNHCR personal History form can be downloaded fromwww.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc. Kindly make sure you use the UNHCR personal History form.
Kindly note that a written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency based interview.
THERE IS NO NEED TO SEND OTHER CERTIFICATES WITH THE APPLICATION AT THIS STAGE.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.