Network Administrator at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
Posted on: 2 November, 2018
Deadline: 14 November, 2018
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC)
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc - Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- To design, install and support IBEDC’s computer and communication systems. To design and install LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segment
- Manages the network infrastructure environment across the organisation
- Installs and supports LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems for a robust information and communication network
- Installs and maintains network hardware and software
- Evaluates, diagnoses and troubleshoots complex hardware/software issues
- Determines network and system requirements
- Designs and deploys new network solutions
- Maintain stock records for network equipment
- Identifies user needs and ensures network availability - Ensure Network Capacity and Availability Needs are met
- Evaluates and modifies system's performance - Network Performance Monitoring and analysis, , system load/stress testing, and vendor management
- Maintains the integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensures network connectivity throughout IBEDC’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is at par with technical considerations.
- Administers servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Supports network and internet protocols and applications including WINS, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, Routing, OSPF, BGP, H.323, Link Aggregation, Network Redundancy, Spanning Tree and VLans utilising a fiber/copper/MPLS backbone
- Keeps abreast of current and emerging IT infrastructure trends and potential applications
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related areas
- Professional qualification in one of the following Is required: MCP, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP etc.
- A recognized professional IT certification in relevant areas e.g. architectural frameworks, project management, etc.
- At least 10+ years’ experience in IT with specific focus on architecture development, infrastructure architecture domain, etc
Functional Competence Requirements:
- Knowledge of JunOS, Cisco IOS software upgrades/patch management best practices in an Enterprise environment
- Demonstrated ability to apply network management to the entire infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to apply detail documentation to ensure service levels are maintained
- A clear knowledge and understanding of infrastructure architecture reference framework and standards
- Capable of working across a broad range of technical domains
- Good knowledge in the following applications & technology – Infrastructure architecture Modelling and Management tools, ERPs and Microsoft technologies, Infrastructure technologies
Method of Application
- When the page opens, click on "See Vacancies" and select "Network Administration" to apply accordingly
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc career website on careers.ibedc.com to apply
- Know More About Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) PlcSimilar Jobs
- Web Developer at MyJobMag Limited
- User Interface Designer (UI) at TalentSquare
- Graphic Artist at Enbelo Design & Print
- Graphic Artist at Enbelo Design & Print
- Dot Net Developer at Tenece Professional Services Limited
- Senior Software Developer & Business Analyst at NetPro International Limited
- EOC Admin Coordinator/IT Support at eHealth Systems Africa
- Software & Application (Mobile) Developer at ARM Life Plc