The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa's financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
Division: Shared Services Division
Department: Corporate Communications Department
Report to: Head, Corporate Communications
Grade: Executive Assistant - Assistant Officer
Estimated Date of Resumption: Monday, October 7, 2019
- The individual will assist the Team Lead, Media, Publications & Internal Engagement to provide thought leadership and counsel to Senior Management and EXCO in the areas of stakeholder communications and engagement strategy.
- The analyst is expected to be a professional that understands how to leverage the tools of Communications to create awareness and equity for the Exchange.
- The individual would be required to have a thorough understanding of The Exchange’s policies, overall mission and strategy.
- Assist the Team Lead to initiate, promote and encourage effective internal and external communications strategies and practices for the Exchange
- Provide analysis of feedback from a range of stakeholder engagement activities and make recommendations about the need to refine our engagement and other strategies and plans as a consequence
- Identify and develop best practice for the management in relation to effective communications and stakeholder engagement within the public, private and third sectors
- Support in managing proactive and reactive media relations to obtain and shape news coverage of the organization
- Help implement the internal communications strategy to provide effective communication of relevant corporate information to staff, volunteers and stakeholders
- Assist in the creation, editorial planning, content development, layout and production of internal and external newsletters such as X-Files, The Bull, Indicator etc
- To research, plan and implement a range of engagement strategies for high profile events and conferences, including the staff meetings, AGM and others
- Produce periodic internal communications to promote NSE ethos and cultures whilst engendering understanding of its business and strategy
- Advise the Team Lead on media, publications and internal engagement that can see the department contributing significantly to the attainment of the company’s objective
- Manage social media accounts in line with corporate social media policy or provide inputs to corporate social media accounts
- Monitor and analyze reportage on NSE across multiple media platforms and advise interventions measures as required. Writes and coordinates speeches, briefing notes, and media articles for internal stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a robust database of journalists, analysts, researchers across multiple sectors that can assist in telling the NSE Story
- Promote employee value proposition through a number of impactful touch points and devise methodologies to keep employees engaged and enthusiastic about the brand.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good University Degree
- Membership of local or international professional body is an advantage
- Professional certification will be an added advantage (Project management, Product management and marketing, Digital marketing, Marketing and Brand Management, Media etc)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Brand Management
- Digital Marketing Skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Inter-Personal Relations.
Method of Application
Note: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.
Interested and qualified? Go to Nigerian Stock Exchange career website on www.nse.com.ng to apply