The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
- Organize and maintain the Geo-database of the delegation.
- Filing and storing of geo-data and meta-data following ICRC GIS Guidelines.
- Trains/coaches ICRC staff on the preparation of data to be processed with the GIS, on utilisation of GPS, ICRC Geoportal, ICRC map search Portal and other GIS tools in the GIS resource centre.
- Regular GIS support missions (Sub-delegations, Offices. Etc.).
- Networking with external actors in order to upgrade quality and extend coverage of geo-data
- Prepare and maintain basic geo-referential data for neighboring countries and remote GIS Support.
- Produce quarterly activities maps for the delegation, and for each department separately.
- Support the delegation activities with web map production and visualizations using ArcGIS/ArcGIS online.
- Supports ICRC Nigeria delegation on map production, geo-data analysis and implementation of geospatial projects
- Contribute to the data processing, Water habitat material management, technical reports writing and material orders
- Technical college or University degree in GIS or related field.
- 4 years work experience in a similar function.
- Ability to comfortably work with ArcGIS, ArcGIS online, Adobe illustrator, Garmin Basecamp, Google Earth, ArcGIS Earth, QGIS or other GIS mapping software.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC Policies and procedures.
- Confirmed capacity to work independently.
- Capacity to train others in GIS.
- Willingness of self-education in GIS, Web Mapping and IT tools.
- Very good database managements skills.
- Good analysis and synthesis capacities.
- Adaptable and Autonomous
- Efficient and Organized
- Communicative and clear
- Responsible and reliable
go to method of application »
- Assists the Welcome department in all administrative activities as requested
- Participates in organizing pick-up and accommodation (hotel, apartment, house) for staff and guests.
- Interacts with relevant authorities (ministries, consulates, etc.) regarding certificates, visas, permits, registration, etc.
- Helps organize staff travels by the most effective costs/mean and, if required, coordinates drop-off at / pick-up from airports.
- Organizes communication flow between ICRC offices, sub-delegations, delegations and/or headquarter regarding staff travels
- Keeps all appropriate databases up to date on staff members, missions and other travel, document validity, residences and any other relevant information (airlines, telephone numbers etc )
- Organizes Welcome files, briefing programmes and tours of the delegation for new arrivals.
- Organizes the Welcome side of events/meetings/seminars, coordinating with the parties concerned.
- Diploma /HND or any other relevant certificate
- Computer proficiency
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Excellent organizational and methodical skills
- 2 year’s experience in a similar function
- Flexibility and Ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative
- Highly developed analytical, skill planning and organising skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability
- Availability to work overtime and outside traditional hours when needed
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC Admin procedures
- Capacity to deal with people and to develop contacts
- Willingness to learn and support others
- Capacity to carry out complex activities
go to method of application »
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Contributes to implementing the operational partnership between the ICRC and the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) by working closely with colleagues and the NRCS to develop joint procedures and partnership agreements; develops the partnership skills of the ICRC and Movement partners
- Identifies the National Society’s (NS’s) strengths and weaknesses to better set strategy and objectives for capacity-building and clearly communicates them to colleagues (also communicates the NS’s specific auxiliary status to State authorities).
- Organizes and participates in relevant trainings/workshops/meetings (e.g. EFAT, Safer Access) in the identified branches, closely coordinating with Cooperation Abuja, and providing support as required.
- Takes trips to the field to prepare and attend joint assessments and/or contribute to identification, recommendation and implementation of NS capacity-building initiatives
- Contributes to maintaining a constant overview of the Movement’s activities, capacity and affairs; contributes to organizing various Movement meetings.
- Advises the Head of Sub-Delegation, and supports the Movement Cooperation Coordinator, on issues related to partnership with NRCS and coordination within the Movement in the area of responsibility
- Oversee and monitor projects and activities in the identified branches with requisite reporting, and contribute to institutional reporting
- Support Branch Secretaries to draw up quarterly and annual plans of action
- University Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English. Any other language is an added value.
- Computer proficiency.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in a field relevant to Movement Cooperation (inside or outside the ICRC).
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as Movement Cooperation Officer 1 (or equivalent) of working experience with the ICRC or any other Movement Component (NS and/or International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies) or other humanitarian organisations.
- Working with an international organization is an added value
go to method of application »
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- Receives, plans and prioritizes purchase requests (SP/PO/ODs) from requesting departments and ensures a good (electronic/hard) filing of them.
- In the case of petty cash purchase, physically visits the local markets in order to procure goods.
- Prepares Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Request for Tender (RFT) and must ensure that they contain all relevant information to enable transparent selection of the best price, terms and conditions
- Prepares Selection Tables (ST) with justification on awarded supplier.
- Liaises with Dispatch and Transport to decide on transport mode and prioritize dispatch of cargo
- Updates and maintains knowledge about main suppliers; checks the market for potential new suppliers together with the requesting department
- Follows up final payment and settlements with the finance department.
- Assists the Biu and Mubi offices or other ICRC sites in Nigeria in case of need or upon request by the Logistics Delegate
- Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in Administration, Logistics, Purchasing or similar field.
- Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or purchasing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics, purchasing, administration or similar position in commercial or humanitarian sector.
- Advanced conversational and written English and Hausa.
- PC literate: Microsoft office.
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Responsibility & Autonomy
- Honest & Trustworthy.
- Negotiation, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
- Good knowledge of the local market.
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures.
- Flexibility and team playing within and out with the logistics department.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to:ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “Geographical Information Officer 1 Abuja" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.