Buyer I at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
Posted on: 15 May, 2018
Deadline: 23 May, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Location: Yola, Adamawa
- Receives, plans and prioritizes purchase requests (SP/PO/ODs) from requesting departments and ensures a good (electronic/hard) filing of them.
- In the case of petty cash purchase, physically visits the local markets in order to procure goods.
- Prepares Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Request for Tender (RFT) and must ensure that they contain all relevant information to enable transparent selection of the best price, terms and conditions
- Prepares Selection Tables (ST) with justification on awarded supplier.
- Liaises with Dispatch and Transport to decide on transport mode and prioritize dispatch of cargo
- Updates and maintains knowledge about main suppliers; checks the market for potential new suppliers together with the requesting department
- Follows up final payment and settlements with the finance department.
- Assists the Biu and Mubi offices or other ICRC sites in Nigeria in case of need or upon request by the Logistics Delegate
- Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in Administration, Logistics, Purchasing or similar field.
- Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or purchasing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics, purchasing, administration or similar position in commercial or humanitarian sector.
- Advanced conversational and written English and Hausa.
- PC literate: Microsoft office.
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning, Responsibility & Autonomy
- Honest & Trustworthy.
- Negotiation, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
- Good knowledge of the local market.
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures.
- Flexibility and team playing within and out with the logistics department.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to:ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “Geographical Information Officer 1 Abuja" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Recent Jobs from ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Geographical Information Officer I at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Welcome Assistant at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Movement Cooperation Officer 2 at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Know More About ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Material Handlers at IL Bagno
- Procurement Officer at GUO Transport Company Limited
- Store Head at Janchine Nigeria Limited
- Procurement Assistant at Nigerian Foundries Limited - Nigeria
- Nigerian Army Corps of Supply and Transport at Nigerian Army
- Procurement Specialist at Adam Smith International
- Quality Assurance Officer at Owens and Xley
- Store Supervisor at Nigerian Foundries Limited - Nigeria