Geographical Information Officer I at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
Posted on: 15 May, 2018
Deadline: 23 May, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Geographical Information Officer I
- Organize and maintain the Geo-database of the delegation.
- Filing and storing of geo-data and meta-data following ICRC GIS Guidelines.
- Trains/coaches ICRC staff on the preparation of data to be processed with the GIS, on utilisation of GPS, ICRC Geoportal, ICRC map search Portal and other GIS tools in the GIS resource centre.
- Regular GIS support missions (Sub-delegations, Offices. Etc.).
- Networking with external actors in order to upgrade quality and extend coverage of geo-data
- Prepare and maintain basic geo-referential data for neighboring countries and remote GIS Support.
- Produce quarterly activities maps for the delegation, and for each department separately.
- Support the delegation activities with web map production and visualizations using ArcGIS/ArcGIS online.
- Supports ICRC Nigeria delegation on map production, geo-data analysis and implementation of geospatial projects
- Contribute to the data processing, Water habitat material management, technical reports writing and material orders
- Technical college or University degree in GIS or related field.
- 4 years work experience in a similar function.
- Ability to comfortably work with ArcGIS, ArcGIS online, Adobe illustrator, Garmin Basecamp, Google Earth, ArcGIS Earth, QGIS or other GIS mapping software.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC Policies and procedures.
- Confirmed capacity to work independently.
- Capacity to train others in GIS.
- Willingness of self-education in GIS, Web Mapping and IT tools.
- Very good database managements skills.
- Good analysis and synthesis capacities.
- Adaptable and Autonomous
- Efficient and Organized
- Communicative and clear
- Responsible and reliable
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to:ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “Geographical Information Officer 1 Abuja" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Recent Jobs from ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Welcome Assistant at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Movement Cooperation Officer 2 at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Buyer I at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Know More About ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Head of Infrastructure Support at Oscar Temple
- Microsoft Dynamics ERP Graduate Trainee at Gems Consulting Company Limited
- Head Of Information Technology at Human Leadership Resources
- SAP CoE Lead at Dangote
- Senior SAP BASIS Administrator at Dangote
- Full Stack Developer at Penciledge Limited
- MIS Specialist at Old Mutual Plc
- Web Developer at Masterminds HRSG Nigeria