- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Welcome Assistant at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
Posted on: 15 May, 2018
Deadline: 23 May, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
- Assists the Welcome department in all administrative activities as requested
- Participates in organizing pick-up and accommodation (hotel, apartment, house) for staff and guests.
- Interacts with relevant authorities (ministries, consulates, etc.) regarding certificates, visas, permits, registration, etc.
- Helps organize staff travels by the most effective costs/mean and, if required, coordinates drop-off at / pick-up from airports.
- Organizes communication flow between ICRC offices, sub-delegations, delegations and/or headquarter regarding staff travels
- Keeps all appropriate databases up to date on staff members, missions and other travel, document validity, residences and any other relevant information (airlines, telephone numbers etc )
- Organizes Welcome files, briefing programmes and tours of the delegation for new arrivals.
- Organizes the Welcome side of events/meetings/seminars, coordinating with the parties concerned.
- Diploma /HND or any other relevant certificate
- Computer proficiency
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Excellent organizational and methodical skills
- 2 year’s experience in a similar function
- Flexibility and Ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative
- Highly developed analytical, skill planning and organising skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability
- Availability to work overtime and outside traditional hours when needed
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC Admin procedures
- Capacity to deal with people and to develop contacts
- Willingness to learn and support others
- Capacity to carry out complex activities
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to:ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “Geographical Information Officer 1 Abuja" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Recent Jobs from ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Geographical Information Officer I at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Movement Cooperation Officer 2 at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Buyer I at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Know More About ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Director of Admissions at Golborn
- Front Office Officer at Cromwell Courtyard Hotel
- Personal Assistant to the CEO at House of Ravissant (HOR)
- Human Resources Officer/Admin Officer at Smart Partners
- Practice Manager at Bradfield Consulting
- Front Desk Intern at LoftyInc Allied Partners
- Confidential Secretary at Planet Radio 101.1FM
- Personal Assistant to the MD at Aldelia Limited