If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
Movement Cooperation Officer 2
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Contributes to implementing the operational partnership between the ICRC and the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) by working closely with colleagues and the NRCS to develop joint procedures and partnership agreements; develops the partnership skills of the ICRC and Movement partners
- Identifies the National Society’s (NS’s) strengths and weaknesses to better set strategy and objectives for capacity-building and clearly communicates them to colleagues (also communicates the NS’s specific auxiliary status to State authorities).
- Organizes and participates in relevant trainings/workshops/meetings (e.g. EFAT, Safer Access) in the identified branches, closely coordinating with Cooperation Abuja, and providing support as required.
- Takes trips to the field to prepare and attend joint assessments and/or contribute to identification, recommendation and implementation of NS capacity-building initiatives
- Contributes to maintaining a constant overview of the Movement’s activities, capacity and affairs; contributes to organizing various Movement meetings.
- Advises the Head of Sub-Delegation, and supports the Movement Cooperation Coordinator, on issues related to partnership with NRCS and coordination within the Movement in the area of responsibility
- Oversee and monitor projects and activities in the identified branches with requisite reporting, and contribute to institutional reporting
- Support Branch Secretaries to draw up quarterly and annual plans of action
- University Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English. Any other language is an added value.
- Computer proficiency.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in a field relevant to Movement Cooperation (inside or outside the ICRC).
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as Movement Cooperation Officer 1 (or equivalent) of working experience with the ICRC or any other Movement Component (NS and/or International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies) or other humanitarian organisations.
- Working with an international organization is an added value
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to:ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate “Geographical Information Officer 1 Abuja" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.