Riders is an international, not-for-profit NGO working to improve the capacity and efficiency of health care delivery platforms in Africa. Our vision is a world in which health care reaches everyone, everywhere. Our mission is to make the ‘last mile’ the most important mile in health care delivery: creating, showing and sharing the solutions for achieving truly equitable health care.
- Manage programme delivery in-country, implementing the agreed programme plan
- Manager supply logistics and it deliverables
- Escalate new programme risks to PMO
- Communicate programme status to the steering group using monthly highlight reports
- Are accountable for making sure all products (deliverables) produced meet the specifications of the product descriptions as signed off by PMO
- Ensure and encourage teamwork and team spirit through the facilitation of proper communication, removal of barriers to communication and the creation of a working environment conducive to premium performance
- Ensure that the good name, reputation and image of Riders for Health are constantly upheld and enhanced
- Support the country director in ensuring that the in-country organisation functions efficiently
- Ensure that the mission and vision of Riders for Health are always maintained and upheld
- Participate in the formulation of policies and plans for the entire organisation through the country director
- Support the country director in helping the programme to grow
- Contribute to partnership development through the identification, targeting and cultivation of relationships with appropriate health-focused organisations by marketing our services and securing vehicle management contracts
- Manage existing partner relations, with regular and scheduled feedback, to ensure continued success – financially and operationally
- Deliver presentations to partners as required
- Ensure that the programme remains financially viable through the careful research of the financial backing of potential partner before relationships are developed
- Line-manage any partnership (and other?) staff as required to ensure they are meeting the overall programme plan and developing in their individual roles (this relates to people management skills below)
- participate in the growth and development of Riders for Health internationally
- To work with FM (plus CD & OM) to develop the programme budget.
- To ensure there is a strong link between programme activities, deliverables and budgets.
- To work with the FM to ensure the timely production of monthly financial reports
Competencies & Qualities
- A confident and articulate communicator with the ability to consistently motivate a team and manage relationships in order to maintain internal and external stakeholder engagement
- A truthful but tactful communicator who considers their audience when speaking or writing to people
- A mediator and a diplomat, skilful at resolving conflict and finding ways to keep everybody motivated
- Able to identify people’s motivations and negotiate skilfully
- Open and friendly, with an approachable persona
- Understanding when approached with a problem
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Able to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment
- General management
- Disciplined, with strong organisational and administrative skills
- Skilled in time management and prioritisation
- Skilled in people management
- Skilled in accurate budget management
Analysis & Clarification
- Able to ask the right questions and make the necessary distinctions to clarify confusing situations
- Able to analyse and develop business processes
- Able to present a complex plan or set of requirements simply
- Able to step back and see the big picture as well as the details
- Able to distinguish when to push boundaries, and when to re-scope work – you have a common sense approach
- Able to understand the reasons why stakeholders, clients and team members behave in certain ways – and are able to deal with their behaviour
- Proactive in your attitude towards collaborating with different organisations and partners
- Able to network and leverage contacts made
- Able to influence others both inside and outside the organisation
- Results delivery
- Strongly motivated to maintain high levels of personal and team performance in challenging and time-pressured situations
- Energetic, resilient and results-oriented
- Flexibile and fast learner
- A quick, relentless, and versatile learner who can analyse both successes and failures and learn from the experience
Experience & Knowledge
- Able to lead a team of people to deliver clear goals
- Able to demonstrate the ability to organise, plan and prioritise a range of administrative duties
- Experienced in a general administrative and supervisory role
- Experienced in managing small teams of people
- Able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of budget planning and management
- Able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of reporting requirements
- Experienced in managing and maintaining internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Competent in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook or similar
- Able to demonstrate a working experience of programme management
- An understanding of vehicles and that they need to be maintained
- Able to demonstrate experience of local and national government processes and procedures
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of in-country public health care delivery
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of fleet management
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of the monitoring and evaluation of health impact
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of programme management methodologies
- A licensed pharmacist with a minimum of 5 years progressive job experience in a relevant field
- Work experience in an NGO
- Previous supply logistics experience
- IT literacy and able to handle electronic data
- Commercial awareness and numeracy problem-solving and decision-making skills plus the ability to think laterally while also offering creative solutions
- Credible commitment to international humanitarian or development work
- Technical knowledge to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post.
- Proven ability to provide support, guidance and training to colleagues
- Communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing).
- Experience of working in a cross-cultural environment and in insecure or complex environments.
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation and time management skills.
go to method of application »
- To provide an effective business development resource from Riders for Health existing partnership arrangements. To work closely with the Riders team to develop new partnership in line with the corporate objectives
- To manage relationships between the Riders and its corporate partners, identify and exploit opportunities for new partnership, and to link the aims and interests of partners with Riders and Riders programmes
- Manage relationships with partners
- Identify and develop new partnerships with organisations and individuals
- Communicate Riders role and values to external partners
- Represent the partners’ interests in organisational policies, plans and activities
- Communicate about partnership work across the organisation
- Provide support to commercial partners as they contribute information/updates to Riders
- Help create and sell innovative new Partnership offers
- Integrate commercial Partnership offers into other trading activity
- Ensure the participation of Partners in Collections Trust events
In addition to the specific responsibilities for this post, the following responsibilities are held in common across all posts at the Riders.
- Adhere to the principles in the Riders Equal Opportunities statement
- Relate with Government at all levels to pursue credible partnerships in line with operational scope of Riders for Health
- Additional duties as may reasonably be required from time to time to further the work of Riders for Health
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
The following skills and expertise are required for this post:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Medicine, Finance, Economics, or other related disciplines from a reputable university.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in relevant developmental field
- Proven experience in building successful corporate partnerships
- Experience of sales and marketing with good influencing skills
- Experience of working with the developmental sector
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Experience of project management
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and a proactive approach
- Ability to act independently within agreed parameters
- Evidence of managing and promoting improvements in services to a diverse community.
- Extensive knowledge of the local voluntary, statutory and commercial sectors.
- Proven track record of identifying markets and marketing opportunities and delivering against this.
- Experience of negotiating, formulating and monitoring service level agreements and frontline contracts and an ability to project applications for funding.
- Significant experience of monitoring & delivering outcomes/targets within an agreed project management schedule and according to quality standards.
- Ability to think not just about advice issues but also creatively about systems of advice giving.
- Ability to think strategically about the development of advice services.
- Experience of staff supervision and management including appraisals, training development and motivation.
- Experience of working on your own initiative but aware of your position within a team and your role in setting and meeting organizational objectives.
- Experience of planning ahead and rearranging own varied workload in a pressured environment to meet deadlines.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting information, statistics and financial accounts.
- Experience of being an ambassador to a variety of organizations and communities and of developing productive working relationships with voluntary, statutory and community organizations.
- Experience of working in partnerships.
- Ability to contribute to the team combined with willingness to learn and develop.
- Energetic and imaginative mind expressing fresh views and ideas and have a passion for making things happen.
The following skills and expertise are desirable for this post:
- Highly IT literate and competent in the use of MS Office
- Familiarity with mobile working
- Ability to manoeuvre through bureaucratic processes
- Experience interrelating with government on developmental issues
- Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective service
- People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion and respect
- Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks and deliver results
Method of Application
All interested applicants should send their applications (Curriculum Vitae and application letter) to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 6th September, 2013 by 5PM, any application received after this date will not be considered. Only candidates selected for Interview will be contacted.