Graduate Front Desk/Support Service Assistant at Save the Children
Posted on: 30 January, 2017
Deadline: 3 February, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Duration: The Project will end in August 2017.
- Welcome and receive visitors to the office.
- Manage general office communications
- Main office telephone, transferring calls and messages to staff.
- Managing incoming and outgoing post, receiving newspaper publications and monthly processing of payments.
- Disseminate formal communications to staff.
- Maintain current contact database of other INGO, Partners, Government and Donor organisations.
- Receive, collate and send letters and correspondence to field offices and partner offices.
- Assist in the general document-filing system.
- Manage calendars and arrangement of meetings for the Kebbi office
- Ad hoc Typing, spiral binding, scanning & photocopying
- Assist in co-ordinating and maintaining the SC resource centre documentation system: receiving and filing official documents, publications, manuals, text and other materials in an easily retrievable manner and ensuring the security of all materials, text and documents in the centre.
- Assist in the production and publications of all SC official text, reports and other materials.
- Ensure the office First Aid kits are stocked and replenished with genuine drugs
- Assist in the maintenance of the office
- Ensure the Kebbi minutes of meeting are sent out as at when due to all Nigeria Staff and file is updated at all times
- Assist in providing admin support for in house trainings
- Filing and documentation
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
Skills and Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education - Degree in Communication, Library Sciences, Administration, Humanities or its equivalent.
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively in a constantly changing environment, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure.
- Strong coordination and time management skills.
- Sound knowledge of office practices, procedures and administrative systems including filing systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to both support colleagues and request support as and when required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English
- Ability to draft well-written, professionally presented documents
- Commitment to Save the Children mission, vision and values
- Experience of working in challenging, insecure areas and willingness to work and live in a rural environment.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Word, Excel.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Save The Children career website on savethechildrenng.simplicant.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Drivers at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Consultants at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Logistics Officer at INTERSOS
- Jobs at Environmental Development and Family Health Organization (EDFHO)
- Tuberculosis (TB) Supply Chain Logistics Advisor at Chemonics International
- Job Openings at Christian Aid
- Jobs at Maigoje Foundation
- Graphic Artist at the Institute of Credit Administration