Concise News - We are a modern media house with a pragmatic view about news gathering and delivery. We are aware of the lapses in news publishing in Nigeria and have taken up the challenge to correct these anomalies. We are out to rewrite the rules on how news publishing should be done in the digital age.
As a result of our expansion, we require vibrant, result-oriented and achievement driven individuals who seek to advance their careers in a dynamic environment to fill the position below:
- Source for and identify newsworthy events to cover.
- Attend general and social events and do proper photo coverages.
- Be able to sniff out newsmakers at events and take exclusive photos.
- Work closely with newsroom personnel to create and develop news stories
- Save and archive exclusively-taken photos for future reference.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal candidate:
- Good news judgment is a must.
- Ability to accurately and consistently capture stories through camera lens and follow news.
- Ability to ask intelligent questions of newsmakers.
- Must be good at using photo editing packages like adobe photoshop.
- Can write appropriate photo captions and put few paragraphs together with minimal errors.
- Minimum of OND
- 2 of years work experience in a newsroom is preferable.
go to method of application »
- Report stories using interviews, source documents, social media and original research.
- Work closely with graphic, photo and video teams to optimize and produce content.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- Has good command of spelling, grammar and inverted pyramid newswriting.
- Understands reporting ethics and news sourcing.
- Demonstrates strong news judgment.
- Excels in a fast-paced news environment and understands the rudiments of digital news publishing.
- Is comfortable using social media, such as Twitter, Facebook and Periscope, to enhance reporting and promote stories.
- Understand multi-platform delivery.
- Comfortable with working weekends and nights as needed.
- Is willing to travel at the last minute to cover breaking news events.
- Has good working knowledge of content management system with emphasis on wordpress.
At least 2 years’ experience of news reporting with a recognised news medium, preferably an online news publisher.
go to method of application »
- Updates Facebook and Twitter Accounts.
- Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with the company.
- Posts updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content.
- Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posts it to our Facebook and Twitter page in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
- Updates Facebook and Twitter accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content of the company activities and events.
- Grows the company online social networks by increasing fan base and interactions.
- Completes other social media projects as assigned.
Uses Google Analytics to assess trends and activity on the company`s website.
- Uses Facebook Insights to assess trends and activity on the company`s Facebookpage.
- Uses Twitter Analytics to assess trends and activity on the company`s Twitter page.
- Reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
- Create shareable content appropiate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g., Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.).
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- A Degree or equivalent work experience
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Nairaland, Bella Naija, Instagram, Google+ and LinkedIn.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Most important needed skills include Adobe Creative Suite, graphic designing packages, demand generation, inbound marketing, and blogging.
- Details oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Method of Application
Applicants should Send CV to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.