Vuzela Limited is a professional services company with expertise in ISO 9001-2015 Quality Management Systems, and is accredited by Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) as a Management Systems Consultant and Training Organization.
Activity: Injection Moulding
Reporting Line: Maintenance Manager, Operations Manager.
Interaction: Production Dept., Machine Operators, Maintenance Dept.
- Assist the Maintenance manager in the maintenance of production machines, buildings and accessories, plant’s Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulic, and Facility Maintenance activities to ensure a safe and profitable facility.
- Coordinate and assist day to day activities within the Maintenance department including breakdowns, preventive and predictive maintenance and projects.
- Minimize downtime through analysis, corrective action, training, team building, and process improvements. Develop and enforce plant and departmental policies and procedures. Assist in managing capital expenditure projects.
- All activities must be carried out in line with best global manufacturing and accepted engineering standards
- Analyse situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Develop preventive and predictive maintenance programs that will help in reducing overall unplanned down time and increase overall equipment reliability
- Promote plant goals such as Safety, Quality, and Production.
- Monitor, track, and analyse production efficiencies in Manufacturing.
- Direct capital program for the facility, including costing, justifying where applicable, procurement, installation, cost control and as required
- Coordinate and assist in all new installations and machine/facility rebuilding or repair as per accepted engineering standard
- Delegate daily work assignments.
- Meet operational needs and requirements within budget.
- Plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines in an environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Develops or revises standard operational procedures and implement agreed SOP’s in compliance with standards and procedures
- Assist with implementation of safety equipment for plant equipment and compliance of plant and equipment with safety requirements.
- Assure new equipment reviews are conducted on all new and modified equipment
- Continuously improve reliability
- Assist with engineering store controls
- Additional duties as defined by management
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering degree or HND
- 10 – 15 years post NYSC qualification.
- Experience in Injection plastic manufacturing environment
- Result oriented and able to handle multiple projects.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have vast hands on experience
- knowledge of injection moulding machines including Hydraulic main and control systems, Mechanical, Electrical, and PLC
- Must possess good communications skills, both written and oral.Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, numerical, statistical, computer, and reasoning skills.
- Excellent MS Office experience.
- Demonstrates organizational and team building skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
go to method of application »
Activity: Injection Moulding - Plastics Manufacturing
Reporting Line: Production Manager
Interaction: Sales, Accounts, FG/RM store, Machine Operators, Maintenance Dept
- To provide overall responsibility in assisting the Production Manager in achieving production targets by managing machine efficiencies, quality, production schedules, solving quality related problems and condition of machines and EHS.
- Assist Production manager to achieve targets. and continuously train employees and maintain a disciplined production department.
- To ensure all machines and equipments are in good condition and is operated effectively to achieve production targets..
- Ensure that all production reports for each machine is completed accurately
- Monitor daily production schedule
- Achieve target based on available capacity.
- Coordinate with all departments
- Manage all quality related problems within accepted time span
- Maintain global best practice in manufacturing and production, while considering quality, and quantity.
- Coordinate Work distribution, allocation, and other activities of subordinates.
- Reviewing workers performance
- Arrange for prompt repairs and routine maintenance of production equipment.
- Producing computerised reports.
- Continuously reduce scrap produced
- Training of personnel
- B.Eng. /B.Tech. in Mechanical/Electrical/ Production Engineering.
- 10 years post graduate qualification with hands on injection moulding production plant and management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Hands on experience in plastic injection moulding.
- Sound hands on experience and good track record of leading and controlling people
- Excellent organizational skills, excellent communication skills at all levels, managerial skills, and results orientated.
- Good knowledge in injection moulding machines and plastics processing
- Knowledge of different raw materials, machine moulds, production, machine maintenance,
- Good knowledge of global best practice in manufacturing and Production Industry.
- Exposure to Maintenance, Quality , and HSE Standards.
- Advanced computer literacy
go to method of application »
Activity: Injection moulding Plastics Manufacturing
Reporting Line: Maintenance Managers, Operations Manager
Interaction: Production Mgr., Technicians, Machine Operators, HRM
- Assist shift maintenance manager in controlling the installation, repair, and upkeep of company’s property, including production machines and accessories.
- This includes mechanical, electrical, and hydraulics.
- All work to be carried out in line with GMP and within accepted engineering standards.
Key Accountabilities / Tasks
- Oversee and direct maintenance personnel, equipment installation, facilities equipment repair, and preventative maintenance.
- Inspect and evaluate physical plant, grounds, and related equipment.
- Coordinate with contractors to perform activities, repairs, preventive maintenance on building equipment and ground appearance.
- Assist in maintenance goal setting, activity scheduling, work performance and performance management to ensure measurable goals, proper workload distribution, goal satisfaction and effective staff performance management.
- Ensures that periodic preventive maintenance is appropriately scheduled and accomplished and that emergency troubleshooting and maintenance support are readily available as needed.
- To enhance production capacity by overhauling mechanical system for production.
- Inspect and test wiring installations, assemblies, and circuits for resistance factors and for operation , and record results.
- Adjust, repair, or replace electrical or mechanical component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Clean parts, using cleaning solutions, air hoses, and cloths to elongate machine life span.
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, and reports in order to determine materials requirements and assembly instructions.
- Mark and tag components so that stock inventory can be tracked and identified.
- Position, align, and adjust work pieces, mechanical and electrical parts to facilitate wiring and assembly.
- Interact with supervisors or engineers to plan and review work activities, and to resolve production problems.
- Explain assembly procedures or techniques to other workers.
- Knowledge of day-to-day and strategic issues, operational requirements, and management of a manufacturing facility.
- A graduate: HND/BSC in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering with at least 10 years’ hands on experience.
Essential Knowledge Needed (Working Practice):
- Good mathematical knowledge
- Widespread experience of working in different types of plants with good manufacturing practise
- In-depth knowledge of repair and maintenance requirements of plant machinery, tools, equipment, and mechanical systems
- Ability to work independently and in a large team of equally skilled individuals
- Proficient in a large number of software and applications used for record maintenance, communication, reporting and programmable logic controller.
- Outstanding skills of communication that enhances the flow of tasks and information across the organization
- In-depth knowledge of hydraulic system in Injection machines
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale