Kantar is home to some of the world's leading research, data and insight companies.
Individually, companies such as Millward Brown, TNS, Kantar Media, Kantar Worldpanel, Added Value and The Futures Company are famous and highly respected experts in their fields. Collectively, they offer the most complete view of consumers – the way they live, shop, vote, watch and tweet – in over a hundred countries worldwide. For the benefit of our clients, Kantar connects these specialists as well as providing access to the wider WPP group of companies and other partners.
The Senior Researcher / Associate Director – Qualitative in Nigeria, will be responsible for the complete management of business, with direct responsibility managing client relationships and projects and building a strong qualitative team. This role encompasses covering strategic planning, talent management, and delivery of financial targets.
As part of this role you will be required to:
- Develop measurable business/financial goals for self and others
- Be accountable for and drive financial performance for your business unit - achieve annual agreed revenue growth and profitability
- Develop an expertise led organization that aims to exceed client expectations, anticipate future needs and deliver excellence
- Engage in high level client interaction to hunt and lead the development of big business opportunities
- Actively promote a learning culture that accelerates the development of expertise
- This role will be based in Nigeria, but may require working with multiple geographies including occasional travel as needed.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Demonstrate excellence as a Qualitative practitioner and view Qualitative as a strategic, consultative tool
- Good leadership skills with a particular emphasis on coaching and mentoring
- Passionate about solving strategic problems through creative, custom solutions
- Previous working in an environment where you can partner with clients on their most critical business challenges
- You have developed your capability to the point where you can confidently challenge clients and help them ask the right questions – not just take client orders
- You are driven by excellence and want to grow client relationships through providing outstanding results
- You have depth of experience in strategic qualitative work, in ethnography based research and in using cultural insight to solve client problems
- You want to use the capability you have developed to increase the expertise of others and help shape our offer
- You show empathy and respect for differences in mindsets and skills in the business environment; respect the values and diversity, skills and background that others bring and effectively utilize this knowledge to lead, motivate and drive change
- You want to be a key part of a team of globally recognized, prestigious leaders driven to put the quality back into qual.
go to method of application »
This position is responsible for leading TNS RMS Nigeria’s Retail practice. It includes strategic consulting, business development, building relationships with key clients and ensuring flawless execution and delivery of quality research and insights. The candidate must be able to manage a small team of research executives, inspire confidence and motivate the team to deliver and collaborate with other functional teams. The Retail & Shopper Senior Researcher (Associate Director) is also expected to train and develop the team to build and enhance capabilities.
- Further the growth and development of our Retail client portfolio
- Drive client satisfaction by providing insights and actionable recommendations during presentations and business reviews
- Undertake sales activities independently or in conjunction with senior staff and members of other cross functional Teams in terms of preparation and delivery of proposal and credentials
- Ensure the generation of required revenue from the assigned client portfolio and proper contract costing in order to meet the agreed budget and business targets
- Ensure the services provided to clients are timely and precise according to client business needs and specifications while meeting the company's quality standards
- Ensure proper and diligent People Management
- Set objectives and monitor performance for the team
- At least a HND/B.SC or equivalent in Statistics, any of the sciences, 10 - 15 years of market research - related industry experience with a minimum of 7 years of experience within Retail Research – Conducting retail Audits/ Retail Census etc.
- Strong marketing (research) knowledge – at least 5 to 10 years’ experience
- Expert knowledge of statistics and multivariate analysis
- Expert knowledge of research techniques and methodologies
- Effective writing & presentation skills
- Proficiency in English and computer literate
- Strong persuasion skills
- Seriousness and authority within the company
Method of Application
Should you wish to apply or feel that you meet the minimum criteria for this role, please apply in confidence to AME.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please can you submit with your application copies of your ID, updated CV, 3 months of most recent pay slips and academic certificates.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.