New Job Vacancies at ICRC
Posted on: 30 March, 2016
Deadline: 12 April, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
- Contributes to the implementation and running of construction and water projects / programmes, independently and as a team member
- Maintains contacts with interlocutors / authorities at local level mainly independently
- Participates in the evaluation of the projects / program and makes recommendations
- Establishes a comprehensive technical report on a completed Water and Habitat project
- Prepares projects proposals including descriptions, sketches, drawings, bill of quantities, estimation costs and implementation planning based on analysis and Water and Habitat objectives
- Supervises contractors, sub-contractors and ICRC teams
- Trains and coach technical field staff & daily workers working on ongoing Water and Habitat projects
- Engineering University degree
- 5 years’ work experience in construction
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Team leadership skills
- Very good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of the geographical assigned area
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Capacity to work independently and
- A very good team player
- Capacity to supervise construction work
- Very good analytical and reporting skills
- Good communication skills
- Capacity to travel to different areas and support Water and Habitat team
- Ability to work under pressure and various deadlines
go to method of application »
- Contributes to the collection, analysis and monitoring of protection concerns and trends, with a priority to the humanitarian consequences of the armed conflict in the Area of Responsibility (AoR)
- Writes reports related to field visits and contributes to the follows-up on meetings with interlocutors and IDPs on protection issues
- Participates in the (direct and indirect) collection of information on incidents related to the armed conflict
- Monitors, together with the Protection Delegate and other departments, future Community Based Protection projects
- Analyze the security situation within the Sub delegation AoR and reports to the Protection Delegate.
- University degree in the relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian, human rights and/or civil society organizations.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Hausa and / or any local languages spoken in the North East is an asset.
- Knowledge of social programs of state, federal NGO and International institutions in Nigeria.
- Excellent computer skills and research.
- Good geographical knowledge of the assigned environment
- Committed to the principle of neutrality, impartiality and independence while carrying out institutional duties.
- Organized, methodical and flexible personality with strong humanitarian motivation who enjoys working in a team environment.
- Has a strong sense of empathy.
- Ability to work independently with excellent analytical skills and the ability to travel in all parts of the country.
go to method of application »
- Responsible for information management in the Sub-Delegation itself and offices.
- Ensures that the chancellery team is referred to for ICRC protocol, rules for correspondence, document security, filing and intermediary archiving, how to use standard computer technology.
- Ensures compliance with the rules of visual identity in external presentations, letterheads, etc.
- Ensures that all users understand the need for and apply ICRC related policy and procedures.
- Ensures that the chancellery team helps the management team to organize the priorities of the delegation.
- Contributes to an easier decision making process, ensuring a coordinated and consistent work flow within the management team.
- Carries out or supervises all secretarial tasks, including the management of external contacts
- Informs/trains users on new information management tools.
- Diploma in a related field.
- 3 years’ work experience in similar function
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Very good knowledge and at ease with standard computer tools and information systems
- Ability to work autonomously and to manage a small team.
- Very good analysis skills.
- Interest and skills for training of users.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with all required confidentiality.
- Rigor and good organization in daily work.
- Sense of responsibility and capacity to fix and respect priorities.
- Proactivity and perseverance.
- Ability to cope with stress.
- Flexibility and availability.
- Aptitude for applying and ensuring compliance with ICRC directives and procedures
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “WatHab Engineer Damaturu" as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated). The deadline for the submission of applications will be 12.04.2016. Late application will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Consultants - Malnutrition Study for LINE Project at Oxfam Nigeria
- Consultants at ActionAid Nigeria
- Logistics, Data Entry and Analysis Officer at the International Medical Corps
- Nurses at Médecins du Monde
- Programme Officer at Apostles in the MarketPlace (AiMP)
- Drivers at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Fresh Jobs at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Epidemiologists/Health Information Management at the World Health Organization (WHO)