Job Opportunities at Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 15 February, 2016
Deadline: 22 February, 2016
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Wartsila Marine
Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited, a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the Marine and Energy Markets is seeking to recruit dynamic and creative thinkers with a passion for high-performance and professionalism to fill the position of:
Successful applicant will be responsible for our department's administrative tasks, logistics and purchasing duties.
- Analyse costs and make recommendations to the Plant Manager having a view of improvement to economic performance.
- Track parts shipments and deliveries to meet maintenance schedule requirements.
- Arrange accurate and timely delivery for spare parts, tools at site.
- Coordinate site personnel travel, permits, & Visa requirements.
- Liaises with outsourced service providers for operational support in the areas of Services of O & M, Site services Supplier selections: Security, Housekeeping, vehicle leasing
- Conduct purchasing, material management and invoice activities for materials and services
- Facilitates all purchase from Local Vendor and manage process invoice/ payment processes for local purchase
- Optimize assets such as inventories, receivables, fixed assets etc. tied to the contract
- Review plant preinvoices for final invoicing.
- Responsible for the acquisition of goods and services for the plant
- Generate reports as may be required by Contract manager
- Good focus on Achieving Results
- Good planning and target setting
- Good Decisiveness and action orientation
- Customer & Detail Oriented
- SAP User spare parts transactions
- Internal and External Problem Solver
- Team oriented
- Able to take basic and complex tasks to completion
- Minimum of First degree in Business Administration, Supply & Purchasing or other relevant discipline
- 2-3 years of experience in international logistics
- Professional understanding of international regulations and Incoterms, insea road and air transportation
- Knowledge of SAP, PS, MM Modules and office IT
go to method of application »
- Coordinates bid package preparation work to achieve defined sales targets.
- Evaluate inquires and register/maintain opportunity information in CRM
- Configure solution according to defined needs
- Preparing cost calculations according to directives and agreed targets
- Evaluate technical and environmental risks of the solution.
- Ensure that response time for sales inquiries / request / orders are met.
- Perform technical assistance to Sales and customers.
- Participate in relevant sales meetings with customers.
- Keep close contact with the sale support from Wartsila business line
- Support Sales Account Coordinator, Sales Account Manager and Senior Account manager as well as Field Service Coordinator and Parts order Coordinator
- Monthly reporting sales status.
- Communication skills
- Cultural knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Teamwork skills
- Wärtsilä knowledge & business
- Contractual skills
- Persuasive selling
- Pro-active approach
- Out off the box thinker
- Bachelors/First Degree in Engineering 3 years experience in Power and or Marine Services.
go to method of application »
- Perform basic overhauls on components according to given instructions in order to reach quality, health, safety and environmental and cost targets.
- Delivery: Delivery according to specific standards and guidelines.
- Perform and complete the work tasks in accordance with the instructions.
- Perform basic scheduled overhauls and repairs on equipment components.
- Record the measurement data on the relevant document.
- Ensure that the work is executed according to Wärtsila Quality,Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines and customer site procedures.
- Achieving results
- Making change happen
- Decisiveness and action orientation
- Planning and target setting
- Developing self
- Situational and cultural sensitivity
- Business and Customer focus
- General Skills Communication skills
- Cost awareness & effectiveness
- Teamwork skills
- Wärtsilä quality, health, safety & environmental skill
- Language English
- Prof/NEW Service Delivery Customer understanding
- Delivery Solution to Customer - process & tools
- Installation operation, maintenance & repairs
- Product knowledge
- Technical communication
- B.Eng./HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering( Masters Degree, added advantage)
- Minimum 1 year experience in an industrial environment
Method of Application
To apply, visit Wartsila Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Wartsila MarineSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at an Auto Care Centre
- Job Openings at a Reputable Engineering Firm
- Electrical And Mechanical Technicians at JMG Limited
- Massive Job Recruitment at the China National Electric Engineering Company Ltd
- Jobs at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Jobs at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Jobs in an Engineering Firm - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Intern Opportunities at GE - General Electric