Exciting Jobs at Mikano
Posted on: 6 November, 2015
Deadline: 5 December, 2015
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Mikano
Mikano, with her new technology, skills and experience coupled with the high-tech latest modern machines acquired has been in the forefront of manufacturing and assembling of generating sets in the world.
- As a Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors.
- The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear equipment documentation
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Proven working experience as purchasing manager
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Working experience of vendor management software
- Ability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
go to method of application »
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a high quality secretarial and organisational support service.
- Effective management of the electronic diary, assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary.
- Providing support for an extensive range of meetings. This will include preparing agendas, pre-meeting briefings and meeting papers, noting action points and following them up.
- Word processing correspondence, memos and reports from written copy or audio tape and preparing presentations.
- Receiving and dealing with telephone calls professionally, re-directing or taking messages and using initiative to deal with queries.
- Sorting, distributing and responding or drafting responses to incoming mail in a timely and efficient manner.
- Organising and maintaining effective filing systems.
- Acting as a key liaison point between the senior managers and other key parties, setting up meetings as appropriate and maintaining good communications.
- Making travel arrangements, booking accommodation and processing claims for expenses.
- Providing high quality and professional office hospitality to visitors
- Providing cover for other senior PAs as required.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required, consistent with the grade of the post
- Experience as a Personal Assistant to senior management.
- Experience of electronic diary management.
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues.
- Ability to organise and plan own work.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to ensure effective communication with a wide range of contacts both internal and external to the University.
- Ability to assimilate large quantities of written and verbal communication quickly and produce accurate, timely minutes.
- Excellent attention to detail, including proof reading skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstration of the ability to work under sustained pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work including the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise to achieve successful outcomes.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent IT skills including working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages.
- Relevant qualifications.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com using the position applied for as subject
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MikanoSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Job Openings at EMBiNIX
- Job Vacancies at Subsea 7
- IT/Computer Engineer at EPCM Engineers Limited
- Deputy Manager, Sales at Thermax Limited
- Customer Service Officer at Germaine Auto Centre
- Business Development Officers at GOF Autos Limited
- Purchasing Assistant at Bosch Africa