Current Jobs at Maersk Line
Posted on: 5 October, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at MAERSK
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
- Requires a university degree in business or accounting.
- Qualification as a Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant, or equivalent is preferable.
- Requires at least three to five years of progressively more responsible general accounting and finance experience preferably in the private sector, and in transportation or related industry.
- Must have a working knowledge of Management Accounting fundamentals and its applications.
- Must be familiar with best practices in the professional field of accounting and financial analysis.
- Must be familiar with finance and banking concepts and the tools for analyzing financial decisions, based on modern financial theory, including such things as discounted cash flow techniques, capital budgeting and valuation; investment decisions, analysis of corporate financial policy, including capital structure, cost of capital, financial markets, and merger and acquisition activities.
- Must be familiar with commercial law, credit agreements, concession and management agreements, and other related legislation, decrees, and legal opinions.
- Must have thorough understanding and working knowledge of accounting specific software. Requires proficiency in various software applications and programs, specifically EXCEL spreadsheets.
- Requires excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
Who we are looking for
- In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Gaining experience of such huge structure
- Interpersonal Skills as dealing with many people
- Learning HFM
- Learning Budgeting Process
go to method of application »
- Responsible for coordinating physical changes to computer databases; codes, tests, and implements physical database by performing various duties in support of all software used.
- Designs logical and physical databases or reviews description of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect physical database (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics such as location, amount of space and access method.)
- Establishes physical database parameters.
- Codes database descriptions and specify identifiers of database-to-database management system or direct others in coding database descriptions.
- Calculates optimum values for database parameters such as amount of computer memory to be used by database.
- Specifies user access level for each segment of one or more data items such as insert, replace, retrieve, or delete data.
- Specifies which users can access databases and what data can be accessed by user.
- Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to database.
- Enters codes to create production database.
- Selects and enters codes of utility program to monitor database performance such as distribution of records and amount of available memory.
- Directs programmer/analyst to make changes to database management system.
- Reviews and corrects programs.
- Trains end users in use of software applications.
- Confers with co-workers to determine impact of database changes on other systems and staffing cost for making changes to database.
- Modifies database programs to increase processing performance.
- Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware and operations problems.
- Provides technical assistance to users
- Installs and tests software upgrades.
- Oversees a Help Desk for users, optimizing customer services
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science (or related field) from an accredited university.
- Requires at least four years of Supervisor/project management experience in setting up of IT and Telecom Infrastructure preferably in a transportation or industrial firm. Total IT experience of not less than four years preferably within the industry or related business.
- Requires special technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of software and network support for multiple users. Must understand installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment.
- Must have extensive understanding of Network applications and usage.
- Must be familiar with applications software to support operations.
- Requires sound understanding of ERP software applications.
- Must have extensive understanding of computer hardware technology, maintenance, and operation.
- Demonstrate an expert level of knowledge and experience in application design, development and implementation of medium to large database projects, data management methodologies, technologies and standards.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should visit Maersk Career Page
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MAERSKSimilar Jobs
- Procurement and Sourcing Analyst at Maersk Line
- Assistant Project Managers at a Global Shipping and Logistics Company - Fosad Consulting
- Professional Driver at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Regional Account Manager at American AirSea Cargo
- Jobs at Parcel Line Logistics
- Accounting Jobs at Josepdam Port Services (JPS)
- Warehouse Manager at The Afriglobal Group