New Vacancy at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 1 September, 2015
Deadline: 11 September, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
- Assesses the affected communities in the northeast
- Identifies needs for psychosocial support and develop a program to response to those needs
- Develops activities for psychosocial support program, implement them and provide accurate reports
- Conducts extensive field activities to implement and monitor the program
- Identifies key community actors who will receive intensive trainings and coaching in basic psychological support
- Develops training program and trains persons involved in MHPSS activities
- Coordinate volunteers to implement MHPSS activities
- University degree in Psychology.
- Post graduate degree in Clinical Psychology or Medical Doctor specialized in Psychiatry or similar
- Minimum of 4 years experience in clinical and/or community mental health and psychosocial programs
- Experience working with the psychological effects of war political violence or other traumatic events highly desirable.
- Group facilitation skills, training and supervision experience.
- Able to use Microsoft office efficiently
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, fluency in Kanuri and Hausa an asset
- Good knowledge of the political, social and cultural assigned environment
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Team leadership and good communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative
- Team work and partnership working skills
- Willingness to learn and support others in their learning
- Highly developed analytical, planning and organising skills
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 11.09.2015, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Please clearly indicate “Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Field Officer" as the subject of your application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Psychologist at Neem Foundation
- Consultant - Data Analyst for the Public Perception Survey/Citizen Report at ActionAid Nigeria
- Consultant at the Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy (BiRD)
- Job Opportunities at Crown Agents
- IT and Communications Assistant at AS Operations West Africa Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- ICT Assistant at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Job Openings at Plan International Nigeria