Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. It is the world's largest software maker measured by revenues. It is also one of the world's most valuable companies.
The SMB Lead will have no people management responsibility and will be an individual contributor. He/she will however, take over some Sale Management responsibilities.
Although this role will not be a direct manager of the SMB team in Nigeria - due to span of control or lean org structure - this role will act as the manager of the business on day to day basis. The SMB team will view the SMB lead as the leader of that business (and their unofficial manager).
The leader of SMB business will need to demonstrate strong competencies in areas like:
a) Strategy Leadership
b) Execution Excellence
c) Talent Development
d) Cross-team Collaboration
- Experiences Required: Key Responsibilities/ Experiences, Skills & Knowledge
- Good understanding of Nigeria SMB market, Dynamics and Opportunities.
- Previous SMB Channel Sales experience is a MUST.
- Proven track record in SMB segment, channel management, marketing experience, and is known as an “expert” working with breadth SMBs customers and partners both in strategy and execution.
- Excellence in sales strategy and translating strategy into concrete action and marketing/sales motions.
- Demonstrated excellent business judgment and results across a range of disciplines including sales, marketing, finance, multi-channel and strategic planning.
- Proven track record at leading large teams with diverse talents across sales, marketing and channel disciplines.
- Ability to effectively drive cross-group communication and collaboration, using strong communication, project management, organizational, and impact and influence skills.
- Acute analytical mind-set but creative in problem solving and entrepreneurial in approach, and effectiveness at managing and thriving in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent process and program discipline, milestone management and time management skills.
- Local resource with good relationships with Partners and Distributors within the Ecosystem.
- Proven experience of communicating with Sales Leaders, Marketing and Technology decision makers
- Demonstrate understanding of: Partner business models, business strategy, cloud solutions, financial analysis, marketing planning and customer management framework
- Possess excellent cross-group collaboration skills with ability to influence across all levels of organization
- Self-driven, results oriented and entrepreneurial DNA
- Bachelor degree: Required (Computer Science, similar information technology-related discipline or Business Administration);
- MBA Desired
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale